The Revelers

Son Yejin POV

"Loverboy is having a hard time moving on? Or are you?" Bin's tone clearly mocking me for secretly calling Youngjae.

"I just called him back, he called me before but I didn't answer." Uncomfortable, but honest.

"What would you say if I call Akiko? Or that Miss Hong?"

"At least you will never see a picture of Youngjae fucking me, Bin."

My phone was buzzing and I got a text from Youngjae.

You know he always mistreats and disrespects women. But then expect life to hand him a good woman when he is finally ready to settle down? You gotta be kidding me that you want to be that woman.

Upset and mad, I left the conference room and heading to Mrs. President's office.

"Miss Son, well done, as I expect you to," she greeted me with a rewarding comment.

"Mrs. President," I bowed to her.

"What is it, Miss Son, that you want to talk with me?"

"Did I do something wrong lately, after the wedding matrimony, Ma'am? With all due respect, I feel like you dislike me, unlike before I agree to take this marriage assignment. You were so nice to me, Ma'am. That's one main reason, that I was going to have a nice mother in law."

"You're delusional. Have you forgotten that this is an assignment from us? You're legally married to my son, you enjoy all the privilege of being a Mrs. Hyun but that doesn't mean that I have to act like a real mother in law to you. You are still Miss Son, to me, an employee who was being assigned to consort my son as his wife. I was irritated that Bin kept complaining about the way I call you. Really, Miss Son, we only need you in front of the public."

"I am confused, Ma'am. Days before the wedding you were complaining because I refuse to sleep in the same bed with him and asked me to give him what his ex dates gave so he will stop playing around. Indirectly you asked me to be his real partner, his lover. Now that we're real, we're both in love, you hate me. I'm all in being his wife inside and outside the bedroom, Ma'am."

There was a full minute of silence before she sighed and answered me honestly.

"Because you can't. You both can't. As much as I want my son to have a good wife, ironically it can't be you. Believe me, Miss Son, I have anticipated for you both going to be in love in the process, that's why I personally chose you. I wasn't surprised when Bin called me and said that he likes you, he wants to keep you for good and refuses to sign the prenup. I have faith that you are a truly kind-hearted person. You're thoughtful towards my family all these years. I hate to do this, but I have to stop Bin from falling deeper."

"Can I at least know why we can't?"

"Do you know the Deputy Speaker of National Assembly Choi Jaewook? He is the most influential person among the National Assembly. He is pushing the agenda to reenact the Presidential Election Act 1987, so there is no way that my husband is going to be reelected. I heard that he wants to run for the presidential election as well."

"I do, I have read about the assemblyman Mr. Choi."

"You know he is the father of my husband's most trusted PSS agent Choi Youngjae. Youngjae is...desperate. Jaewook has discovered about his son's broken-hearted state. They were not in good terms for years, Youngjae has stopped talking with his family for years, then Jaewook saw this opportunity to gain his son's heart back. Who has thought that Youngjae has the hots for you? I bet you didn't know as well. Even it was my husband who asked Youngjae to be assigned to you before the wedding."