The Elevation Between Us

Hyun Bin POV

"So, I'm going to win my wife back. You're going to get your girl?"

"My girl?" Youngjae raised one eyebrow.

"For second night together?" I sipped my coffee and stared at the window across the street.

"Second.."

"I know you asked for three rooms back in Madrid but one bed left untouched. That's just you trying to impress her, acting like a gentleman. What am I? Five?"

"I am, I don't need to act. But guess what? score! She came to my room."

"Score then disappear. We're both fooled," I studded my cigarette and stood up.

"Do you have binoculars here?"

"Pervert, of course not."

Suddenly Youngjae choked on his banana and pointed his fingers down to the street. The ladies were outside, hugging each other. Shinhye was in a warm coat while Yejin was in a simple house dress.

"Shinhye is about to leave!" I shout to Youngjae who was already at the apartment door ready to leave.

So he ran downstairs and tried his luck on Miss Park, and I saw Yejin waved goodbye to her, then went back inside. So she was staying at her flat while Shinhye walked down the street away from their apartment building.

I grabbed a paper bag and put in every healthy snacks and fruit I could find from Youngjae's grocery shopping last night. I took my coat along with the now full of food paper bag, stepped outside to go to Yejin's place across the street.

Room 219.

I knocked on the door while wishing that Yejin won't peek from the door hole that it was me, but of course, she will.

I repeatedly knocked on the door and waited patiently, started to get desperate on the sixth attempt.

"Baby... Baby, it's me, Bin. Yejin...please.."

"Are you looking for Miss Son? She is downstairs, at the laundromat," said a woman from behind me.

"Oh. Thanks," I nodded.

"No problem."

I put my grocery bag in front of her door and left.

"Sir, are you seriously going to put them here?" asked the woman.

"Yeah, why? That's her groceries."

"Oh. Let me keep them for her, I'll give her later when she's back. And what's your name?"

"Bin."

Her eyes widened hearing my name. Well, was I famous around here? I half bowed to her, and she opened her door, exactly next to Yejin's. I saw a little girl peeking from the door. Oh, so this was the mini neighbor who met Youngjae yesterday.

"Look, Mom, another guy looking for pretty aunty."

"Sssh. Not our business. Get inside!"

I smiled at the little girl. She might be my way to get closer to Yejin. I went heading downstairs and looking for the laundromat. There she was. Sitting in front of the washing machine, scrolling her phone. She was in a plain housedress, pure beauty just the perfect housewife I always dream of.

Don't get me wrong, I love those all the glamorous jet-set life but at the end of the day, I always want a peaceful place to come home. It would be nice if we were destined. I just realized what I have wasted yesterday, and still hope for the second chance to make it up to her.