Chapter 11

Did I just waste 10 minutes of my writing time to make a meme about my writing struggles? Damn right I did.

"You guys aren't as good as I thought." I said as I stared down at their tangled figures on the perfectly trimmed green grass.

"You cheated." Emilio seethed as he tried to untie the knot I made with an old jacket of mine that held him tangled up with his brother.

Luca cursed in Italian as he struggled to free his arm from the jacket.

I watched down at them wirh a satisfied smirk on my face. That was what you got for talking down on my combat skills. For the stunt I pulled on them when we were prepared to fight, I owed credit to my idol, Jackie Chan. I did with Dominico twins what Jackie did with the bullies of Dre Parker with a single jacket. An absolutely gold scene and a ten out of ten for creativity.

"Come on, Rosa. Help us out of this." Emilio panted as he fell on his back, sweat coating his tanned skin.

The twins were better than I had expected them to be in combat but their constant bickering and lack of team effort was what gave me the bigger upperhand over them. Not to mention that I had a bit more practice and experience in this area than them.

With more practice and training, they could become death machines in the future.

"You guys are brothers. You should work together." I told them with my arms crossed over my chest and shifting weight from one foot to the other.

Luca grumbled as he tried to untie the knot and when Emilio finally straightened his spine to help his twin out did the knot finally open and they were free from its tight hold.

"Finally." Emilio breathed, wrenching himself away from his brother and stretching his limbs after they had been in such a weird position for some time.

He looked so regular and normal at the moment. He didn't have an episode again like he did the first night I met him and that made me somehow glad because not only did I not know how to react if it happened again but also it seemed like it was something that mentally took a toll on him as well.

No one mentioned it again after that happened and Emilio seemed like he was ignoring it, moving past it. He was used to it, it seemed. He took his meds every morning and every night to prevent episodes like that from recurring again and again. It made me pity him. I just knew that whatever happened that made him like this was something that he didn't deserve.

Everytime Emilio took his meds in the morning and at night, Luca would have a frown on his face. He would phase out as if the ghost of whatever happened was still haunting him to this day. I didn't even know how long ago it had happened. He would return to his normal loud self a few seconds later but something told me he was just as badly affected by it as was his brother but he never showed it. He hid it from the others. Perhaps I would never know.

I checked the time on my wristwatch.

"So, when will your Nonna be coming to pick you guys up?" I asked them. It had to be soon because after dinner, I had to pick out my clothes for my night out with Lia and then get ready as well.

Things were surprisingly going my way considering that the twins Nonna said called Anna this morning saying that she'd pick them up from here before dinner and Vince texted me saying that our lesson for today was cancelled because he had a lot of shit to deal with at work. It was perfect for me, bad for him but it didn't matter. I was ecstatic to meet Lia after so long.

I almost couldn't containment my excitement just by thinking about it. To hell with the crowd, I was going to be drunk in ten minutes anyways and it wouldn't be affecting me then.