Chapter 23

If you're here, go back and read chapter 22 because you've probably haven't read that thanks to our lovely wattpad.

DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CHAPTER 22. IF YOU CANT OPEN CHAPTER 22, TELL ME NOW. FOLLOW ME SO I CAN KEEP YOU UPDATED ON MY WALL.

DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CHAP 22.

Rosa's POV

"Hola, mami." Murmured the devil himself in my ear.

I pivoted on my feet to come face to face with him. He was dressed in a black tuxedo, his dark hair gelled to perfection on his head, and he looked down at me with piercing blue eyes, a lazy smile dancing on his plump, very kissable lips. It was no surprise that he looked as gorgeous as ever.

"Hola, pendejo." (Asshole.) I responded with a similar sweet smile on my face as I looked up into his eyes, refusing to be affected by him. It was the last thing right now he was going to see from me.

"That's not very nice." He frowned. I rolled my eyes, nails digging into my palm as I clench my fists to keep myself from making a scene by punching him in the face.

"Yeah Vince? Well, so isn't leading people on and using them for sex." I glared at him, shooting daggers from my eyes, hoping it would put a million scratches on his beautiful face. His face hardened, his jaw jaw clenching.

"I never used you for sex, Rosa." He gritted out his teeth. "If you had told me to wait, I would've without a question."

"Of course, you would've. You wouldn't be a good seductor if you forced yourself on me now would you?" I shot back at him, my words like venom and he sighed in response, shoulders slightly dropping.

"I never meant things to go this way. I know you're not going to believe me but I'm sorry about everything. I really am." His eyes told me he was being sincere. He demeanor told me he was being sincere. But I couldn't bring myself to believe anything he was saying. I couldn't bring myself to trust him again. I didn't want another broken heart.

"Sorry doesn't fix things."

"I know."

"What do you want, Vince?" I asked him exasperatedly.

I had a job to do and he was coming in the way of that.

"You." Was his plain response. He spoke that with such simplicity that it actually pissed me off as I looked up at him with hard eyes and a clenched jaw.

"Forgive me, you can't have that. Now would you excuse me? I have someome I need to seduce." I told him, stepping past him and moved towards the bar but he caught my arm, his hand looping around my elbow and turning me around to face him.

He leaned in close so that our faces were a hairs breadth from each others. Close enough for us to kiss, and his musky cologne was all I could smell, it's scent intoxicating for me, bringing back old yet not so old memories that I wanted to forget.

"Would you at least talk to me?" He gritted out annoyedly.

"I hate you, Vince. No, I won't talk to you. Now let me go." My voice was like steel, hard and painful, and he looked taken aback by my response, pain flickering over his features as he frowned down at me.

His grip on my elbow loosened and I ripped it away, stepping back and walking away, leaving him standing there staring at my back.

I would feel bad for him if it weren't for the night he completely shattered my heart and hopes of being happy ever again. It still pained me to think about that night. He could tell me that it was an act, that I meant the world to him in reality, that he meant none of it, but the pain would still be there. It was this pain that would never let me be with him again regardless of how I felt about him.