Chapter 27

Rosa's POV

"You are not Rosamaria Castro. You are Rosamaria Ramirez." He spoke with a cocky smirk plastered over his face.

"That's complete bullshit." I spoke through gritted teeth.

The mam only flashed me a cocky half-grin in response, owing for my temper flare.

I knew my father. I've watched him as I grew up. There was absolutely no way that Alvaro Ramirez was my father. This man was trying to waste my time, deliberately make me angry so that I would jam my knife in his throat and end his life so that he wouldn't have to answer any questions.

"You have his nose. I just noticed."

"You don't get to waste my time here. Give me real answers." My voice was deadly low as I spoke to him, flaming daggers shooting from eyes at him, hoping they would somehow burn him and cut him enough that he would be left in terrible pain. Not enough to let him die though.

"My answers are as real as they can get, Ms. Ramirez."

A gunshot sounded through the room and I momentarily freezed as I watched a bullet pierce through the man's skull and his head fall backwards, his body going limp instantaneously.

Vince barged into the room, a heavy glare thrown in my direction as he stalked towards the body. He kneeled before the limp body, pulling out a knife from his pocket and slitting the wrist and burying his fingers inside. The sight was gruesome; it made me want to hurl the contents of my stomach which was mostly alcohol.

After a few seconds, with bloody fingers he pulled out a beeping device. It was small, too small.

"Tracking device." He told me in a clipped tone.

His gaze was too harsh for me to hold which was why I looked away, focusing my gaze on anything else in the room and shifted my weight to the other foot. "It's not that much of a big deal. As far as the others know, he's having the best sex of his life right now." I mumbled in response.

The words of the man were still swirling in my mind. I was sure he was bluffing, trying to waste my time. This was just a ploy to make me feel confused in hopes that I would come to them myself, save them the hassle and trouble.

Yet there was still a part of me that had to confirm it from Vince. I was certain that he had heard him.

"What he said, is it true?" I asked him. He got up to his feet, tossing the tracking device in the direction of Dante who had followed him inside. Dante walked out without a word as I waited for Vince's response.

It seemed as if he was thinking of words to say. The longer he stayed silent, the higher my temper suddenly began to rise. "Vince, is it true?"

"I was going to tell you-" He began but I interrupted him.

"Alvaro Ramirez, the leader of the Mexican cartel, is my father?" It was a little too hard to believe for me. It seemed to far-fetched, like something out of a movie or a book but then again being in the Italian Mafia was very much like that too.

Words came and went in my mind, not a word leaving my mouth as I stood there shocked.

"I was going to tell you, I swear." Vince spoke.

"How long have you known?" I questioned him, my voice coming out as a raspy breath.

He remained quiet. It made me look up at him with a hard glare, my eyes burning. "How long have you known, Vince?" I spat out the words.

A heavy sigh escaped his mouth and he pursued his lips, running a hand through his hair while I stood there expectantly waiting for a response.

"A few weeks before you came to live with me."