1 | jackie

johnny: jackie, do me a favor, will you do the shopping? also, nate is sick, get him something for headaches idk

johnny: you can't say no too cuz you have my car

I rolled my eyes. This was the seventh time my brother asked me this. The only reason I even agreed to do his shopping was because I got to use his car. I put my phone away and watched as our Math teacher, Mr. Evans, wrote on the chalkboard the math equation that had everyone pulling out their hair from last week's test. He was doing a revision of the Calculus test we wrote last week and he was determined for us to do better for the upcoming test tomorrow. The thing was, half of my class failed the test, half of us got just above 50 and only one person had scored a 90.

"So this..." Mr. Evans drew a quick line under the equation, "Is the question everyone got wrong and automatically lost ten marks. Not one person got it right. One of you almost got full marks for this test if it wasn't for this question."

"Who the fuck..." Someone murmured which caused an eruption of whispers and comments.

Amaira, one of my best friends, raised her head from her folded arms; her red, lowered eyes revealing that she was a second from falling asleep because of this class. Maths was always her least favourite subject anyways, "What's everyone complaining about now?" she asked me, laying her head on her hand and lazily watching Mr. Evans. "Did he give us another assignment or something?" I met my cheerleader best friend a few years ago. Amaira was born in America to an American father and an Indian mother. She was sociable, and everyone liked her; she was also quite gorgeous, which gained her a lot of modeling contracts with big modeling agencies.

"No, everyone is just wondering who the hell got 90 for that test," Isabelle replied. She was another of my closest friends. She's a little taller than I am, with blue eyes and blond hair. She was pretty, and kind, basically, everyone liked her. She was also talented when it came to makeup, which is how she met Amaira, and she has been doing her makeup for her photoshoots ever since. 

The three of us had bought each other matching necklaces with a phrase on them to remind ourselves of our friendship and loyalty. Amaira chose 'Best,' I chose 'Friends,' and Isabelle chose 'Forever.'

"They're not wondering, they know who got it," Amaira stated without even looking around to see what the commotion was about. Suddenly both Amaira and Isabelle turned their heads to give me a bored yet knowing look. "And are we surprised..."

I suppressed a grin as I turned my head to see Mr. Evans writing more math equations that a majority of everyone had got wrong.

Everyone except me.

Was I proud? Of course, I was. Did it mean everything to me that I was the smartest girl, scratch that, the smartest student in my school? I'd be lying if I said no.