51 | blue gangsta

The way leading to the hotel ballroom had a red carpet, and there were photographers standing beside it, snapping pictures of couples as they walked by as if they were actual famous couples

"Hi, thank you," I said to the photographers trying to be polite.

"I actually feel kind of famous," Francis murmured beside me.

"And I don't feel photogenic," I murmured back.

Pheobe would pause with Noah and let them take a picture of her. "Pheobe, I don't want to take pictures--"

"Well too bad, this custom made dress and sexy face of mine needs to be taken a picture of," Pheobe snaked the feathery scarf around Noah's neck and pulled him dangerously close. She smirked when she saw a lip bite from him.

"Are you kidding me?" I said, feeling my heart ache uncomfortably. "She knows that Noah's my boyfriend." I hooked my arm around Francis'.

"You know Pheobe doesn't care about that, she'll steal someone's boyfriend in a matter of seconds," he answered. "But I don't think you should worry. Noah doesn't seem like that kind of person."

"He isn't but look at her." I gestured to Pheobe who was strutting down the red carpet and winking at the boys that had turned their heads, ignoring their dates.

"She is sexy," Francis agreed with a little smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you for making me feel so much better," I murmured sarcastically.

Entering the ballroom, I gasped at the wonderful theme. The ballroom was lit up with a darkish shade of purple giving it that elegant and classy feel. The tables -- that were set up at the sides of the hall -- were covered in purple cloth, the bunch of flowers on the middle of each table glimmering a bright yellow, the walls decorated with tiny fairy lights.

"This is beautiful!" I gaped. "Damn, this is fancy."

"It is..." Francis agreed, looking around the hall too. "Wha-- is that a chandelier?"

I looked up and spotted the chandelier he was talking about, sending splinters of certain colours to shine on every corner of the hall. "This is really beautiful," I commented, looking back down then around to see the students of Lakeside dressed beautifully in dark colours.

Soon the hotel ballroom was full with the seniors of Lakeside and everyone had taken their seats. There were four chairs around a table so Pheobe, Noah, Francis and I sat together, but I had made sure to sit next to Noah. While waiting for principal Hayes to say his speech.

I kept on glancing on my right where Noah was sitting. It was so unusual to be even sitting like that, he was leaning back on his chair, his legs spread open as he stared at his hand, mindlessly mouthing words. Something was bothering him. Maybe because I was with Francis and he kept on talking to me as if Noah wasn't there.