25 | like like

Noah didn't come to school

But he assured me that it wasn't about the mini kiss we had but when I had asked him what was wrong, he told me he was sick.

That his headaches were very painful. That, and he wanted to go shopping for new clothes since his jackets and hoodies were disappearing.

He said he didn't want to mention any names.

But I was kinda happy that he wasn't at school. Noah had the ability to make me blush these recent weeks and it had been bothering me. Everytime his big, beautiful eyes stared into mine made my heart race.

Everytime he held my hand or even touched me, it made me feel weird, warm... safe. It confused me because I hadn't felt this way before with him but now...

Was I starting to like Noah?

Like... like like him?

That peck we shared on the lips had my mind racing. It was an accident but for some reason, I didn't mind that it had happened.

"And I didn't do the homework for the past month," Bennett told me, snapping me out of my thoughts. "She can give me detention for all I care."

We were in Biology class and the teacher, Mrs. Smith, was late. Probably getting her morning coffee because she mentioned several times that she couldn't function without it.

At the back of my head, I could sense Betty staring at me with so much hatred and jealousy. It's not my fault that Bennett wanted to speak to me.

"Yeah," I murmured, replying to his statement.

Do I actually like Noah? I mean, he didn't attract me in anyway when we met and I certainly didn't think he was hot when we became friends.

Now, all I think is how beautiful Noah is, inside and out.

"And that's why candy canes are red and white," Bennett concluded.

"Yeah." I nodded then I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Stewart, are you even listening to me?" Bennett snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"No, she's not. But I was," Betty chimed in, batting her eyelashes. "But I have to say that you had me until that candy canes part."

Bennett ignored her and stared at me. His green eyes begging for me to look at them. And I did.

And that's when I noticed something. That I wasn't nervous, my heart wasn't racing, there were no butterflies in my stomach and my palms were completely dry.

I wasn't affected by Bennett anymore.

I didn't like him anymore.

"No, I'm sorry, I was just... thinking about something," I told him, almost in awe.