42 | the boy next door

[GIF of Francis Reed above]

Telling my mother and brother was hard enough, I couldn't say a single word without wanting to burst out crying

Telling my mother and brother was hard enough, I couldn't say a single word without wanting to burst out crying. And ever since Noah had had that seizure on the couch, I refused to sit on it, not even be near it.

Although I had to come to terms that Noah was sick and I was losing him, I had to stop ruining myself over it. It was what he had told me anyway.

The next few days were just boring routine. I woke up, went to school, came back, slept, repeat. No Noah.

When it was finally Saturday, I had looked forward to sleep in my room all day, and wait for a call or text from Noah. I sent him another text anyway.

[Me]: good morning! I hope you slept well. Call me or text me whenever you can please, I need to see you. I love you!

I rubbed my puffy, stinging eyes from the result of crying all night, which was also the reason why my head was aching too.

I got out of my room and was tackled by a muscular figure.

"Ow!" I cried. "What the hell?"

"It's a touchdown!" I heard Nate's voice yell and he straddled me by my butt, while laughing. "Get off me, Nate!"

"No, I actually like this position," Nate teased. "Oh, but we'll have to be real quiet, your mother's downstairs."

"Nate, I'm in the mood please. Just leave me alone," I begged, tired, not in the mood to laugh. "Stop it!"

"Okay." He chuckled, getting off then I helped myself up. I dusted myself while I glared at him. He pouted innocently. I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs with Nate following me.

"So... how'd you sleep, Jackie?" he asked.

"Fine," I replied boredly.

"Did you dream about me?" Nate asked. "Because I dreamt about you."

I shook my head then yawned, walking to the kitchen. Kira and John were at the table already talking. I groaned inwardly wanting to be alone so I turn around to go back to my room but Nate turned me around and led me to the table.

I threw my head back, annoyed. "Good morning, sweetheart," Kira greeted, smiling sympathetically. "How'd you sleep?"

I sighed, "Fine." I sat at the table and grabbed an apple from the bowl.

It was quiet for a bit, everyone looking at eachother awkwardly. I cleared my throat, "I'll be in my room."

"No. No, Jackie, sit down," my mother ordered. I sighed again, doing so. I kept my head down, slowly chewing the apple piece in my mouth.

"I'm really sorry," Ma began. "I'm truly sorry. But are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yes, yes, I'm fine. Just tired."