28 | dancing in the rain

I woke up later than I usually did

I woke up later than I usually did. And the reason was because it was raining. At first I wasn't sure if was the rain so I had peeked out my bedroom window to see it was actually raining.

Another reason I woke up late was because I didn't want to see Steven and a reminder that he still was here was because my brother had spent the night in my room.

The weather today was perfect to stay at home but I hated we still had to go to school.

"Can you make me breakfast?" John asked, snuggling deeper into his blankets.

"Do I look like your personal maid?" I asked from beside him, staring out the bedroom window, the dark clouds pouring down drops of water.

It wasn't going to stop raining anytime soon.

John kissed his teeth, "What's with the attitude this early in the morning?"

"It's school," I said, getting out of bed.

"It's school?" John shot up in shock.

"It's Monday..." I rolled my eyes.

"But... I have a life to attend. I have friends to meet unlike you," John murmured the last part and I glared at him.

"I was going to make you breakfast but since you have the energy to speak a load of bull, you might as well make it yourself," I said and John groaned loudly before he went downstairs and I took a warm shower, changing into my clothes.

I walked downstairs and saw him placing the bacon and sausage beside the eggs on two plates. I smiled and assuming it was for me too.

I sat beside him and thanked him for making me breakfast. "Your eggs are a bit raw," I commented and John glared at me. I laughed and nudged him, "I'm kidding. I love you."

John smiled.

My phone beeped and I looked as the notification.

[teddy bear]: good morning beautiful. Are you at school already?

I smiled and chuckled, texting him back, good morning. I just woke up now btw

[teddy bear]: I figured... do you want me to give you a ride to school?

I smiled.

"What?" John asked.

"It doesn't involve you," I answered harshly.

John chuckled. "Noah."

I tried to hide back the smile.

[Me]: aren't you already at school

[teddy bear]: yes...

[Me]: so...

[teddy bear]: So?