26 | jealous

My eyes snapped open and I immediately remembered something

It's Noah's birthday.

On a Saturday, maybe I would've woken up at late on 11 am or something but when it came to Noah, I would wake up at 7 am. I got off bed and used the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I went downstairs and spotted the stuff I had bought for Noah.

A birthday helium balloon, donuts written 'I donut know what I'd do without you!' inside the box, a box filled with sweets and chocolates and decorated adorably, a Polaroid of us from the time we were at his house at his pool and one final gift; a silver necklace with an infinity sign.

"This is a bit too much," John commented, walking into the room. "Like seriously, how much was this?"

"I didn't use your money so you don't have to know," I retorted. "And this isn't close to a half the things you get Liana."

John eyed me then looked at the box. "Can I have a skittle?"

I stared at him like he was crazy. "No! What you can have is this." I held up a middle finger and John rolled eyes, turning around. Before I could even register what was happening, he quickly grabbed a chocolate from the box and sprinted upstairs.

"John!" I screamed, rushing upstairs and following him. "Give it back!"

He laughed hysterically and got into his room and locked it as I was about to turn the knob open. "John! Give me back my chocolate!" I shouted, banging on the door. "Imma call ma on you!"

"She's not here." John laughed and I heard ruffling of paper.

"John, what the hell? Why are you acting like--"

"Jackie, you have like 10 other chocolates in that box," John reasoned.

"I don't care!" I shouted. "I didn't buy them for you."

"It's just a chocolate," John stated boredly.

"If it's just a chocolate then give it back," I ordered.

"Nah." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes. There was no point in arguing with John. I left to take a shower and change in my clothes. I packed each gift in a bag then tied the balloon to it.

"I'm taking your car!" I announced to John upstairs, not sure if he heard me. I left anyway with his car keys and drove to Noah's house.

It was still early which was a good thing because I wanted to surprise him. I got out of the car, carrying the bags and kicked the door closed. I walked to the front door and knocked.