14 | movie night

"You know, I reccommmed you get a phone," I said, throwing up a popcorn in the air then trying to catch it with my mouth

"You know, I reccommmed you get a phone," I said, throwing up a popcorn in the air then trying to catch it with my mouth. I failed then groaned.

Noah and I were at the movies since I had asked him to come with me earlier before he left. I wanted to make him feel better after what happened during our presentation.

"Why?" Noah asked, sprinkling his bucket of popcorn with butter powder.

I looked at him. "You and I could text eachother and call."

"That's it?" Noah raised his eyebrow.

"Well..."

"Jackie, I know what phones can do," he said and I rolled my eyes. "But I decided I didn't want a phone. I didn't want to get cyber bullied too."

"Yeah, but... I want to talk to you on the phone," I pouted and Noah chuckled. "Please?"

"I'll think about it," Noah said and we walked in dark hallway lit with LED lights leading to the theater. I pushed him playfully and Noah smiled, looking down at me before pushing me back playfully making me almost drop my snacks.

"Hey! Imma smack you--" I warned. "I almost dropped my food."

Noah laughed and we entered the theater, searching for our seats. Noah and I decided to sit in the second row at the front. "Are you going to give me a slurp of your slushie?" I asked, placing my candies in the cup holder.

"You refused to buy your own and you want to slurp mine?" Noah raised his eyebrow. "I think you already know my answer."

I gasped then my phone beeped.

"Phones off, Jackie," Noah whispered, as if people were in the theater.

I looked around at the empty theater except the one person who waved at me from the back of the theater.

"There's no one here," I told him.

My phone beeped again and I checked the message. It was from Amaira.

[best friend #1]: Jackieeeee where are you? Isabelle is here with me. Come over right now!!!

I cursed.

Noah looked at me, "What?"

"Amaira wants me over at her house," I said.

"Oh." Noah nodded. "Well do you want to go?"

"No," I replied. "I want to watch this movie with you."