66 | changes

"Ow!" Noah hissed

"Ow!" Noah hissed. I sucked my teeth, ignoring his comments. I lightly dabbed the towel on the bruise that had formed on his cheek. There was a slit on it and it oozed a bit of blood.

We were back at the hotel and Noah had finally complained about the bruise on his cheek, and it looked worse each second so I decided to clean it up.

I lightly dabbed the bruise again.

"Ugh, baby. It's sore," he whined, letting go of my waist and backing away.

"That will teach you for going around and making fun of people you don't know now come here," I said and he groaned, returning to his position between my legs as I had myself seated on the bathroom countertop. His hands lightly squeezed my thigh every time I hurt him.

"You've been having the headaches again?" I asked softly.

Noah hesitated to answer, his closed eyes flickering every time I made contact with the bruise.

"Jackson," I said seriously and he sighed.

"Yes, they're back."

"Since when?" I asked, analysing the bruise under his eye. I bit my lip, feeling my eyes burn. We locked gazes. "Be honest with me please."

Noah licked his bottom lip and frowned a little. "Since before the trip, they've been there but they haven't been bothering me that much."

I hit his chest and he whined. "Ow, Jackie, what was that for?"

"You promised me that the slightest pain you felt, you would tell me," I said, my voice cracking. "Noah, you cannot keep hiding this from me."

He frowned. "I don't want to worry you, okay?"

"I'll worry more if you don't tell me about it..." I said softly. "At the restaurant, how were you feeling?"

Noah bit his lip, looking down. "I... uh... I was- it was the headache then like my vision was getting blurry... I was seeing double. I couldn't balance myself right... and numb... I couldn't feel the punch... on my face."

"Ugh." I covered my face, wanting to cry.

"No, no, snowflake, no. Don't cry, I'm fine now and I'm going to be honest with you and say that my head is still aching a bit," he tried to assure me but it didn't work. "Jackie, don't cry. Look, there's people out there that are sick with the same disease I have and they're are experiencing way worse than me right now. And they are probably hooked onto life support and in the hospital. Isn't it incredible that I'm still standing here? Even in the stage that I'm in? I even rarely experience the symptoms besides headaches and I'm grateful that I don't have to spend the rest of my life in a hospital. I'm feeling fine, I'm great. Jackie, I'm going nowhere okay? I'll always be here," he said, his hand cupping my cheeks. "I'm a tough ass boy."