3 | the project

"Everyone, this is Noah

"Everyone, this is Noah... Jackson," Mr. Ashwell said, gesturing to the boy that stood next to him.

"What's he wearing?" Amaira whispered.

"Amaira, don't be rude," Isabelle whispered back.

I heard a few chuckles and I turned around, looking at the class clown who was laughing silently and looked at his friends who were smiling. I glanced at Bennett who was smirking at Noah.

I looked back at the Noah guy who stood in front of my desk. He looked down and I noticed him clench his fist and unclench it in his pocket.

"Come on, introduce yourself," Mr. Ashwell told Noah.

Noah took a deep breath before sighing, "M- my name is Noah," he said and I heard someone burst with laughter. I turned around and glared at the person which was the class clown, Cade.

Noah's voice was probably the reason why he laughed. He had a soft, sweet voice that almost sounded like a girl's. Honestly, I didn't find it funny, I found it a bit cute. Staring at Noah who nevrously stood in front of me, I felt a bit sorry for him. This, my class, was one of the most naughtiest classes in school especially with Cade in the class. With Cade around, Noah was in deep trouble.

"Can I please sit down," he whispered to Mr. Ashwell.

He's so sweet, my mind said. He won't deserve to be made fun of.

Mr. Ashwell gave him a small smile, and nodded rubbing Noah's shoulder. "There's space next to Cade, Erin, and there's one here in front next to Jackie."

"Sir, I already sit there," Amaira said, talking about the seat next to mine so Noah wouldn't sit next to me.

I didn't do anything to deny it. I honestly did not want Noah sitting next to me because I would have to talk to him, I didn't want to ignore him while he was sitting beside me.

"No you don't." Mr. Ashwell narrowed his eyes at Amaira.

"Yes, when I want to change seats," Amaira defended. She wasn't wrong.

"Noah, sit next to Jackie," Mr. Ashwell told him. Noah looked at me before looking down to avoid my gaze. He placed his bag on the table and he got ready to sit next to me.

"Sorry, this is my seat now," I heard Bennett's voice say. My heart pounded against my chest as soon as I heard him say that. I looked at Bennett with wide eyes.

"Jackie," I heard Isabelle squeal and pinch my thigh in excitement.

"Oh sorry," Noah murmured and took his backpack. "Can I sit in your old seat then?" Noah asked, looking down at Bennett who was then sitting next to me.