It's always been you

At L-Corp

It was 1 am in the morning. A particular CEO, still wasn't asleep and dug herself into work. Lena had to finish some project she planned to help aliens and signed some paperwork. She was so busy she didn't hear Supergirl land on her balcony. The Super sat on the railings and star gazed, she found the sky rather empty, because of the pollution she couldn't see the galaxy.

Kara would do this often in front of Lena's office, but Lena never noticed the company she had, due she was too busy to even notice her surroundings. Minutes have passed and Kara heard suddenly a surprised voice behind her. "Supergirl?!" Lena asked, surprised. Instantly the heroine turned her head and saw Lena in her work clothes, with a glass of wine in hand. "Good morning Miss Luthor." Greeted Kara with a warm smile. The Luthor walked over to her and leaned on the railings. "Morning Supergirl. Shouldn't you be asleep or whatever you do to rest. Because the city does need a fit hero." Teased Lena, wich made both chuckle. "I do sleep, but I have night's where it's not possible. Mostly happens when...When I think too much." Kara answered, a little less happy than before.

Lena heard the pain in her voice and grabbed the Super's shoulder, giving her a soft smile. "Oh Rao, you have a huge pile on your table. Do you need some help?" The Super offered. Lena was chuckling now. "I mean a little company wouldn't hurt." Lena said and both walked into the office. Kara grabbed the pile of paperwork and put it on the coffee table. Both looked up a few things, but it was really quiet. Lena broke the silent by asking: "Do you mind telling me what's going on?"

Kara looked at Lena, with a sad smile. "You don't have to, but I just want to hel-." Lena got interrupted by the Super. "It's okay, it's better to tell it to someone than bottling it up." Kara said softly. Lena waited patiently for Supergirl to say something.

"There is this person I love so much, like the romantic love. But the problem is...The person doesn't know my identity and I'm afraid when they find out they would leave me and not accept me...For who I am or even get mad at me for keeping my secret for so long, which I only meant is to protect them. Because people who know my identity are always in danger and that person is way to important to me and I don't want to lose that person...Because if the person gets badly hurt, just by knowing my identity...I would never forgive myself, never." The heroine said, as her eyes started to fill with tears. Kara was trying her best to hold them back. While Lena had nothing to say, she was shocked and felt bad for the Super. Lena scooted closer to the Super and have her a hug. "It's going to be okay." Lena reassured the Super.

They broke the hug and Kara started to tell more. "I-i've lost so much and I can't stand if I lose this person. I saw how my planet, my home, my culture and my family, everything just got wiped away  from the stars. I saw my aunt die in my arms. I saw my nemesis, who at the end turned out to be a friend...Die sacrificing herself for my sake. I saw how red daughter died, in my arms and for the last second I saw myself in her...I hoped that she would live and we could become good friends or even twins. I-I just saw everything die in front of me. And I can't stand, to see people I love get hurt or even die, just because of me. And everyday they risk their lives, because of me." A tear fell out of Kara's eye. The Super felt ashamed, she should stay strong and confident in her suit, but now she just couldn't. Lena felt bad for the heroine and gave her a tight hug, again.

"I want to tell this person so bad. But a part of me is saying I shouldn't. I mean, it's not because I don't trust the person...I trust the person with my life. I'm just scared that the person will get hurt..And even worse might hate me." Kara said, with pure sadness in her eyes.

Lena gave her a sad smile. "I-I have that thought too. I fell in love with her, but I'm afraid to confess, because I don't want to ruin our friendship. I scared that she will turn my back on me and leave me. I lost many people and have been betrayed by many, but her...She's my whole world and I can't loser her. I can't lose Kara." Lena said, with watery eyes. The Super shot up and look dat the Luthor. "You love Kara Danvers?" The blonde asked. Lena looked at her and nodded. "Since the second she entered my office." Lena answered with certainty.

The Super was now debating, if she should tell Lena. "Well have you told her already?" Kara asked. The Luthor furrowed her brows. "No, I haven't. As I said I'm afraid of ruining our friendship." Lena answered. The Super gave her a warm smile and went to garb Lena's hand. "What if I told you, you have already confessed your feelings to Kara?" The blonde said, hoping that Lena would get the hint.

A few minutes have passed and Kara got really worried. Lena had wide eyes and Kara could see the gears working in Lena's brain. "Kara?" Is all Lena could say. Kara looked into Lena's eyes. She grabbed something from behind her cape and it was her glasses, put them on and said: "It's me, it's always been me."

Lena just looked at Kara with shock. A part from her knew that her 'best friend' was National City's hero, but the other part denied it. It was dead silent for minutes, but to both it felt like hours. Kara looked at Lena and was so scared what would happen. Did she ruin it? Did she lose her? Will Lena hate her? All those questions were running through her mind, till a soft pair of lips were on hers.

It took Kara by surprise, but she melted quick into the kiss. They kissed like it was their thousand time, their lips made a perfect dance, as if each other's lips were a perfect fit. Kara slid her tongue through Lena's lower lip, asking for entrance and she got it. Their tongues fought for dominance, till they dance through a perfect rhythm. Eventually they broke the kiss and smiled like dorks. Lena placed her hand onto Kara's cheek and noticed how soft it is. "I've always knew it was you." The Luthor answered and gave another kiss on the Super. "You have no idea how long I wanted to do that." Kara said and smiled warmly, with heart eyes. Lena just chuckled. "So I'm the mystery person?" Teased Lena. Kara rolled her eyes, but then smiled. "It's always been you, Lena."