Chapter 7: Warning

My Sunday was filled with chemistry problems. I had so many issues with chemistry. I have taken the required physics classes and don't get me wrong, it was still a struggle. I understood physics math, but chemistry was another story. I was sitting at my desk in my dorm and online talking with other students and looking up tutoring hours. 

I didn't eat the best that day either. I know that I'm supposed to eat but when I'm stressed out it just doesn't happen. I would remember what other students would say during class. "I haven't eaten all day." "The last thing I ate was a sandwich yesterday." It wasn't because they were starving themselves on purpose. Most of the time they were putting studying first and meals last. My thought was, if they can do it why can't I?

It was around 6 pm when my phone buzzed. I glance at it and see Seán's name. I look back at my textbook problems. I put my pencil down and picked up my phone. 

Seán: whatcha doin?

Me: trying to finish some chemistry problems but I'm not doing so well

Seán: that sucks. Have you eaten?

I bite my lower lip. Nope I reply.

Seán: want some Taco Bell?

I make a disgusted face. You actually eat that? It's so gross

Seán: I've been to America and ya its gross but you are in the UK. You'll fuckin love it. I'm bringing it over

I roll my eyes. I look around the room. I guess I should clean up a bit. 

I pick up Sabine's clothes from the ground and put them on her bed. I grabbed my laundry basket and stuff it in the closet. My backpack is pushed under my bed. I tried to organize my desk but a knock on the door interrupted me. 

I walk over and open the door. Seán was holding up a bag that read Taco Bell on it. I motion for him to come in and I close the door behind him. He sits on my desk chair and I sit on my bed. He handed me a taco and a napkin. I opened the wrapping and the smell of ground beef hit me. It wasn't the same as it was in America. I stared at it for a moment. 

"You gonna eat?" Seán already took a few bites out of his taco.

I nod and do take a bite. It definitely wasn't horrible. It actually tasted like beef. I wasn't always sure if the restaurants in America even used real beef. I tried not to think about it and enjoyed my taco. I actually ended up eating two of them. I was starving. I grab a vitamin water to go with it. 

Seán asks about my schooling and major. I tell him the same speech of my life just like the others. I tell him about how great my mentor was at the zoo. I didn't know why I was giving this boy my entire life story when we have only known each other for a week. I told him how my mentor and I tease each other. 

"Um Nalia," he wipes his hands clean from his tacos. "I hate to tell ya, but I think your mentor is being inappropriate with you." 

I give him a confused look. "No it just how we act with each other." 

"He may be a mentor, but I'm pretty sure you guys aren't supposed to talk about your sexual lives." He throws his dirty napkins in the bag and puts it on my desk. 

I shrug it off. "We just get along really well." I put my dirty napkins next to the bag on my desk. " I'm surprised you haven't said anything about me being a virgin." 

"There really isn't much to say." Seàn leans back in my chair. " it's your choice and not really anyone's business." 

"I usually get a couple laughs from people since I am 22 years old." 

"I think it's amazing that you won't just settle." Seán says. 

"But that doesn't mean I'm not thirsty for it." I add. 

Seán chuckles. "You don't need to be thirsty. It will happen when it happens." He looks at his watch. "I'm gonna go because Natalie will be back soon and I'm supposed to meet her at her dorm. She will raise fuckin hell if she finds me in here." 

"Yeah I don't need her to have an actual reason for her to hate me." I stand up and gather our garbage. I slip on my flip flops. 

Seán stands up. "She's not that bad. She is just the jealous type." He moves towards the door. 

He opens it and waves good bye. I follow him out and wave back. I close my door and walk down stairs to throw our garbage in the dumpster outside.