Chapter 39: Best for You

I was able to get up and help Seán with my laundry. He wasn't kidding when he said my sheets were sweaty. They smelled so bad, they made my nose crinkle. I tried to stay at least six feet away from him. I couldn't live with myself if I gave him the virus. 

Seán didn't seem to be afraid though. The next few days he would make me food, make sure I took some medicine for my fever (which vanished on day two). He would get me water and be attentive if I was going in the shower. 

The third day was when I had enough energy to call home. I hear the phone ring once, and then my mother answered. "Nalia?" 

"Hello mother." 

"Nalia, how are you feeling?" Her voice was shaking.

"I'm alright. I still feel like a turtle. Really slow." 

"Well it's better than being in the hospital." She says. "I'm trying to find a way to get you home." 

I roll my eyes. "Mother, for everyone's safety it's better for me to stay where I am. I'm not even over the virus yet. They wont let me on a plane." 

My mother sighed. "Planes are grounded too. International travel is banned. I was hoping the embassy would find a way." 

I sigh now. "I know your worried about me, but I have a good immune system. I'm sure I'll be fine. I just need rest." 

"I miss you Nalia. I just want to know you are safe." 

"I am safe. Seán wont let anything happen to me." 

"Ok. I trust you Nalia. I don't know when I'll see you, but don't use too much long distance data. It will make the phone bill expensive. "

I giggle. "Ok. I'll talk to you soon." Click. 

I walk out and Seán is doing push ups in the living room. I stand the recommended feet away from from him. "What are you doing?" 

Seán talks in between breaths. "I'm, trying to do push ups. A buddy of mine wants to get fit during lock down and he asked me to join in. I said sure." He takes a few more deep breaths. "Besides, I want to start having a more healthy lifestyle." 

I just watch him continue doing his push ups. I thought I was healthy and then I started skipping meals. I sit on the couch. "Are you still going to be streaming games?" 

"Yeah for now. I'm not sure about long term though." Seán sit on his bottom and looks at me. He has a shiny forehead from sweating. 

"Why not?" I cock my head to the side like a puppy. 

"I'm not really having fun. I pumped out so many streams recently and I just feel like there are more important issues in the world right now. The issues should be focused on instead of me making content." He shrugs. "Maybe I'll take a break." 

I smile at him. "I think you should do what you think is best for you." 

Seán smiles back. "Of course."