Chapter 23: Welcome Back

The rest of my holiday was uneventful. Molly went back to streaming and she was having an increase in followers. I just relaxed and did some word searches. I hung out with Vila a little but she was a hard worker and needed to be at work more. It was just me and the dogs most days. 

When it came time for me to leave again, mother took us out to eat. She gave me a speech of how proud she was of me and hopes for a another good semester for me. She pretty much said the same thing at the airport. 

I was excited to go back. I would be starting my second semester abroad and I would continue working at a zoo, with penguins!

During the flight, I opened my penguin encyclopedia and started brushing up on facts. The zoo had five species of penguins: kings, macaroni, rockhopper, gentoo and African. The only warm climate penguin was the African. The other four were in a climate controlled aquarium.

I walk off the plane and see Seán standing about 30 feet away. I quickly walk over to him and embrace him. I missed the smell of his coffee. We pull away and I finally notice something. He cut his hair. There was no more man bun. His beard was trimmed shorter. "You look good." 

Seán laughs. "I'm glad you like it." 

I grab my luggage and follow Seán to the bus. He talked to me about his time with his family. He drank a little too much one night and passed out. He isn't used to getting drunk anymore but he did like his whiskey. His family was well. His older brother was expecting a child. Seán was excited to be an uncle. 

When we arrived at campus, Seán walked me to my dorm. We held hands the entire way. I open my door and see the small beds and desks. I slightly missed them. I throw my luggage on my bed and started putting my clothes away. Seán put my penguin encyclopedia back on my shelf. 

I put my hands on my hips and look around. Everything was in its place.  I zip my suitcase up and shove it in the closet. Seán was just standing in the doorway. I grab my backpack and pack a change of clothes and walk back out the door with Seán.