Chapter 26: The Wig

After breakfast, I dragged Seán to a local costume shop. There was a huge wig section. I googled the store and apparently tons of cosplayers shopped here for wigs. 

I had Seán wear a beanie and his glasses out. He still had on his usual coat and sneakers, but I wanted him to at least look a little different. Maybe no one would snap a photo of us this time. 

I was looking at wigs with long hair. There was every color I could imagine. I remember I wanted to dye my hair green when I was six. Made me want to get the long line green wig. I decide against it though. Too green for me. 

Seán went off to look at props. He liked taking pictures of himself holding large swords. I looked further down the line of wigs. There was a shoulder length wig that was parted slightly to the side. It had purple wavy hair and dark blue tips. You couldn't even see the blue unless you really focused. I grab one of the bags and open it. I clumsily put the wig on. I take out my phone and use my camera to look at myself. I shrug. Looks good enough. Everyone knows I would never dye my hair. I put the wig back in the bag. I grab a wig cap and go to the register to purchase them. 

Seán stands next to me as I fumble with the wig cap. He took it from me. I twist my auburn hair up and he stretches the cap over my head. I pull the wig out and place it over the cap. I turn around and look at Seán. I flip my hair. "So, what do you think?" 

Seán puts a hand on his chin, and gives an obvious look up and down. I laugh. "I could get used to it." He grabs a strand. "Although I do think your Auburn color is more you." 

"I'm lucky I never had to get used to your green hair." 

Seán laughs. "I liked that color. I do like brown more though." 

I put the wig bag in my pocket and grab Seán's hand. We walk out of the shop and start walking towards the bus stop. We hold hands while waiting for the bus. There is a shy boy who walks up to us and asks for a photo with Seán. He smiles and says of course. I offer to take it. I snap the photo and the boy thanks us and walks off. 

I look at Seán and give him a quick kiss. I get on the bus without feeling scared of who would see me with Seàn.