Chapter 34: The Call

Our game night went off as usual. The boys yelled at each other while we played good old fashion black jack. I was horrible at the game and Sabine looked just as confused as me. We all went our separate ways after we gambled all of the cheese itz Ezra had. 

I still couldn't believe how I looked. I thought I was getting fat. I wanted to have my dancer body back but apparently I got too carried away. I didn't want to eat, but as long as I was around Seán, he would most likely be checking on me. I have to remind myself not to get angry when he asks if I have eaten. I would snap at so many people the first time this happened. 

I wake up to my phone buzzing. I didn't move at first but since the buzzing wasn't stopping, it had to be a phone call. I roll over away from Seán and look at the screen. The university from the US was calling. I sit up and answer the phone. "Hello?" 

"May I speak to Nalia?" 

"You are speaking to her." I try to do my loudest whisper, hoping not to wake up Seán. 

"Ah yes. Nalia we would like to inform you that because of the spread of the deadly virus around Europe, we are withdrawing you from school and have booked you a flight home. I have emailed your plane ticket. Let your immediate family know of these special circumstances." 

My jaw dropped. "I have to come home?" I look over at Seán resting so peacefully next to me. I thought I had a couple more months of this.

"I am afraid so. We do not want to rock your safety. The university you are attending actually contacted us with the recommendation. The university is going to online learning only. You will be able to finish your courses if you want, but you will need to come back to the US." 

I sigh. I could tears forming. I sniffle. "Alright thank you. I will make the proper arrangements for my things." 

"Thank you. Have a safe flight." Click.

I set my phone in my lap. I wasn't ready to go home. I loved my internship. I love the friends I have made. I love being with Seán. I knew I would go back eventually, but I wasn't prepared for it to be so soon. 

I unlock my phone once more. I had two emails. One from my home university and one from the UK university.  I glanced at the UK email. It pretty much said I was free to continue my classes online, but everyone was to leave the dorms by Monday morning. That wasn't much notice, but I guess the virus has to be serious for that to happen. I open the other email. My flight left in the morning. I had the entire day to pack my things and ship them back to the US. 

I sigh and slowly get out of bed. I tip toe into the attached bath. I brush my teeth and brush my hair. I walk out as quietly as possible. I take my tank top off and shimmy out of my shorts. "Mmmmm. Mmmm. Mmmm" I hear behind me. I roll my eyes. I put on some black jeggings and a zoo sweatshirt. "Awww." 

I turn around and see Seán sitting up in bed. His hairy muscular chest was visible. His hair was messy but I couldn't help loving it. "I can't give you a show today Seán. I have some bad news." 

"Why do you have to start the day on the negative? Give me some good news first." Seán puts his hands behind his head.

I think for a second. "Ok. The good news is I can have breakfast with you." 

Seán frowns. "You won't be spending the weekend here?" 

I shake my head. "The bad news is I got a phone call from my university in America and I have a plane ticket to leave tomorrow morning." 

Seán's eyes were wide. "Why so soon? Are you coming back?" 

The tears I was able to hold back earlier were coming out. "Seán I won't be coming back." One tear managed to fall. "The school is taking me home due to the virus. The virus is spreading quickly across Europe and they don't want to risk my safety." 

Seán gets out of bed and quickly embraces me. I sniffle into his chest. "I have to go pack my things. I need to ship some stuff home." Seán runs his hand up and down my back. 

"Nalia I will help you. We can still spend the day together." He pulls back. His chest is wet from where my face was. I couldn't help it. I wanted to remember his scent. 

Seán gives me a smile. "I'm going to shower and then we can head to the dorms." 

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. "Ok."