Chapter 13: Cuddles

Friday morning I woke up before my alarm. I wasn't exactly excited for the day, but I wanted to get through my day. I wanted to see Seán. I had to get through chemistry class and my internship. I packed some shampoo and lotion in my backpack. Maybe Ezra would let me take a shower if I felt like I needed one.

The day did go by quickly. I don't even remember taking notes, or cleaning up cat poop. I texted Sabine I would meet her at Ezra's. I take my hair out of my ponytail and sniff it. Ok maybe I didn't smell that bad.

I hop off the bus and walk to the apartment complex. I open the door Ezra's apartment and everyone was already sitting on the couch watching Rick and Morty.

I close the door and set my backpack down. "Hey Nalia." Sabine was waving from the couch. "What should we play tonight? Or maybe we should watch a movie."

"What if we start with a game of Sorry?" Mark was sitting on the floor leaning against the couch.

Seán's little man bun turned around and he was smiling at me. I smile wide back at him. I start towards the couch but Sabine leaps over the back and brings me into the kitchen. "We kind of ate without you. Sorry, but Ezra and Mark were hungry. I got you a cheeseburger from McDonald's." She hands me a burger and walks back to the couch.

I grab a napkin and go to the couch. The Sorry board was already out on the coffee table. Sabine and Mark were setting up pieces. Ezra looks at me. "Its only a four player game so I can sit out."

"No that's ok." I unwrap my burger. " I don't really know how to play so I can watch. I like watching games anyway."

Seán sits down in front of me on the floor. "She can tag team with me." He looks back at me and winks. I smile.

"Ok. I call blue." Ezra gets down on the floor too.

I honestly think I've only played the game Sorry once in my life. I watched them play and I think I was catching on. Seán let me move the pieces a few times. I just ended up sitting next to him on the floor. He would put his hand on my knee and rub it with his thumb. It sent tingles up my spine and I loved it. I didn't really know what I should be doing in a relationship.

After the game finished we all crammed together on the couch. Ezra turns on Friday the 13th. Sabine was practically on Ezra's lap. I sat in between Mark and Seán.

Seán and I were huddled under a blanket. The longer the movie was on the closer I got to Seán. I wasn't great with scary movies so I did flinch and when I did he would start rubbing my neck.

It was about halfway through the movie when I noticed Mark looking from Sabine and Ezra, to Seán and myself. He pauses the movie and gets up. "Alright, I'm really feeling like a fifth wheel." He motions towards me and Seán. "When did this happen?"

Seán and I glance at each other. His hand was now on my shoulder rubbing it. Mark continues. "Well I'm going to go edit some videos since I've seen this movie before. See ya around." Mark walks around the couch and out the door. Ezra presses play and we continue the rest of the movie.

I felt so tired when the credits rolled across the screen. Sabine and Ezra actually fell asleep on the couch. They were in each other's arms. I stood up and let the blanket fall. Seán grabbed the blanket and put it on Sabine and Ezra.

I stretch my arms above my head. I see Seán watching me. "I'm going to head back to my apartment. Do you want to come?"

I look at the sleeping couple and then back at Seán. "Ok but I'm going to leave my bag here so Sabine knows I haven't left entirely." Seán grabs my hand and leads me out the door.

Seán turns the light on in his living room. I start to head towards the couch. Seán shakes his head. "You can take the bed, I'll sleep on the couch."

I stop and turn around to look at him. "No this is your apartment. I'll sleep on the couch."

"Or.." Seán walks over and grabs my hand. "We are both adults. We can sleep in the bed together." He cut me off before I could protest. "We don't have to do anything. I also don't want to make you uncomfortable."

I look at Seán's blue eyes. I've only known him for a month and a half, but I do trust him. I nod and take his hand in mine. He pulls me in for an embrace. I smash my face into his chest. I loved the way he smelled slightly of coffee. I could've stayed in his strong arms all night.

Seán pulls away and leads me towards his bedroom. He goes around the bed to the other side. He takes his shirt off and pulls his pants down. I blush. He was just standing there in his boxers. My eyes do scan his body. His chest hair was really attractive to me right now.

Seán looked down at himself and back at me. "I can put some clothes on if that will make you feel better."

I shake my head. "No its fine." I look back up at him. "I'm going to turn around and undress."

Seán nodded. I turn my back to him. I unbutton my jeans and slide them off. I take my crop top off and take my sports bra off. I put my crop top back on and turn around. I keep my arms down in front of me. I was trying to hide my black underwear. I wasn't stupid. Seán is still a guy and I knew he would look me over just like I did with him.

Seán was the first to get into the bed. He pulled the covers up and got in. I just stood there for a second. Seán propped himself up on one arm and just watched me.

"Seán," I try to hide my face with my hands. "You're making me feel embarrassed."

He just smiled at me. "I can't help it. You're beautiful." He moved the covers on my side of the bed and motioned for me to get in.

I slowly climb into the bed. Seán rested his head on a pillow but was still facing me. I turned onto my side and looked at him. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear but left his hand on my cheek.

"Have you ever cuddled before?" I shake my head. Seán gets closer. "Come here."

I scoot closer to Seán. He put his arms around me. I rested my head on his chest. I was a cold person, but Seán was warming me up. I turn onto my other side and I'm pretty sure we called this 'spooning' in high school.

Seán kissed my hair. I fell asleep in his arms.