Chapter 42: Leaving?

It was September now. The weather was starting to get cooler, and the wind started to pick up. Seán was doing well in his streaming work. I continued to gain five pounds and lose five pounds. My body couldn't figure out what it wanted to weigh. 

Seán was doing a stream this morning, and I was trying to read in the living room. I really couldn't focus. I usually end up watching Seán on my phone even though he is literally in a room in this apartment. 

My phone starts to vibrate before I could his stream up. "Hello?" I didnt even see the number. 

"Is this Nalia?" The voice asks.

"It is…" I normally would hang up when someone knows my name, but I stay on the line. 

"Hello, Nalia. I am Scarlett from the US embassy. We were able to find a plane to take you back home. The plane leaves in five hours. Your mother told me that wouldn't be a problem." 

I roll my eyes. Of course, she wants me home asap. "Ok. Do I need anything? Will I be sent the plane info?" 

"Yes I will send you some information but don't worry about printing it off. The airport has your information too." 

I sigh. "Ok thank you. Goodbye." I hear the other line click. 

My mother always brings this stuff out of the blue. I never get time to prepare. I understand her point of view, but I'm not in a hurry. 

I unlock my phone and start to watch the stream. Seán looks like he is having so much fun. He is even more outgoing on camera. I hear him yelling sometimes, and laughing even more. Seán is an amazing person in my eyes. I don't want to leave him, but I have obviously overstayed my welcome. I will give him another hour and then hopefully he will be done streaming. I won't screw up this goodbye. I need it and Seán needs it too. I can't be selfish this time.