Chapter 5

~🖤~

I knocked on Anna's door. She stayed quite a distance away from my apartment that I have to pick her up everytime we go somewhere. Today, I  brought my Mercedes with me. Did I mention that I am quite rich and fond of cars that I paid less for my apartment than my car? Well, I am. I have been working here for nearly three years. Everyone says that I could have earned profits if I went away somewhere but I love Leavenworth. It is soothing here. It is my birthplace. My parents died while working for this company...they were murdered but I'll find them. My brother works in California, happily married with his love of life and visits me in certain occasions.

After a couple of minutes, Anna opens the door and drags me inside. We are best friends from high school when her family decided to shift here. From then we were never apart. Her family lives a few blocks away, while she decided to buy herself an apartment, you know, for privacy reasons.

I take in her look and my mouth is literally hanging on the floor.

"Bitch! Aren't you feeling cold? But you still manage to slay, girl! You are a badass!!!" I yell, jumping on her bones.

She's wearing a red short dress with black combat boots. Her black leather jacket is waiting behind her to be put on. She has completed her makeup with smoky eyes and has styled her blond hair messily. We somehow look same from that way. I mean I am feeling cold still with this warm jacket but we have to compromise for once, don't we?

"Yup! Girl, you are looking a badass too. You will kill men's hearts today! Let's go and party!" She yells in the same way. Now, you can safely assume, we are a hell of crazy best friends.

She locks her apartment and hops inside my Mercedes. She didn't want to learn driving so, I am her personal chauffeur for times like this. I increase the volume and we yell in the soundproof car, which is suddenly not at all soundproof for now. Note the sarcasm. The passer-by are staring at us as if we are crazy. Well, we know we are crazy but we don't bother. Today I will party, especially after yesterday. Ya!!!

We drive out of Leavenworth to the next town cause we don't have that a big bar in here. I park my Mercedes in the parking lot while Anna waits patiently for the first time in her whole life. Well,she is shy and I am no better. But, for the first time, I don't know from where, I suddenly feel confident.

We walk like badasses inside the bar. It is quite full, so, we choose a lone corner and order our drinks. People are staring at me and I know why. But I don't give a fuck to what they say or see. I am against alcohol because here, my best friend can't contain herself from drinking and I will be the designated driver. You see, I am after all her personal chauffer. I sip through my come whereas Anna completes her second bottle of beer. She is already drunk a little while she gushes about Heath James. I just listen to her while my mind draws images of sex. I'm officially screwed because of his looks. Sigh.

Anna slurs and drags me towards the dance floor. It is more full, because the folks want to keep themselves warm with from the heat of the bodies. I look for her and keep her company so that I don't lose her.

Suddenly, I feel a hand snake around the bare part of my waist and I push myself. But the guy is strong enough so he doesn't let me go.

"Hello No. O! Sooo, commee, dannceee wiithhh me. *hiccup* Youu wanntttt a orrrg-" I cut him off from his slurring by kneading him where the sun doesn't shine. Exactly in his groin. Did I forget to mention that I used to do boxing and fighting before I got this job? Well, I did. I still do, when I feel like. Now, you can't blame me if I lie around in the winter. Not my fault.

Back to that man, he falls down and is now sleeping while holding his rotten damn dick. I turn around and see Anna's not here. I can't see her, so, I start looking for her. As I push through people to find her, some yell at me on my designated title "No. O" for now. I just ignore them and look around the crowd.

My eyes spot on her red dress and blond hair. So, I quickly push through the dancing crowd towards her. She's sitting on the stool, her half back to me and all sobered up, drinking a glass of water but... she's not alone. Some guy, whose back is visible to my eyes, is with her. Someone is getting laid today.

As I come near her, I see she's talking with that guy, well giggling and furiously blushing. Maybe she's still half drunk, I think to myself.

I tap on her shoulders to catch her attention. I grin and wink at her because she's definitely getting laid today. She giggles at me and pushes a barstool towards me which I catch just in time. I sit and turn my attention towards the stranger who had helped this idiot aka my best friend.

No way. What. The. Fucking. Hell.

I stare at him. Yes, I just stare and he is staring at me too with a smirk. His grey orbs catch my utmost attention. Who has such beautiful eyes? God, just kill me. His cheekbones and jawlines are so prominent that my hands are itching to touch them. I slowly take his facial features. I would've said simply, that he's not a little bit handsome but then, I would be lying. He looks far more gorgeous than his photos. I take in his attire and he's just wearing a grey t-shirt with a brown leather jacket on top of it. A ripped jeans and boots complete his look. Simple but sexy.

He is still staring at me with a smirk on his face. I so want to remove that. His knees are touching mine and that is suddenly too uncomfortable. Slapping myself internally, I suddenly remember my upbringing, I extend my hand towards him for a simple human being greeting. But unfortunately, my half-drunk best friend had other intentions.

I lean forward to extend my hand and my best friend, meanwhile, pushes me with a hard jerk. Maybe she was punishing me cause I forgot her for an eternity and stared at the stranger in front of me.

Heath James. The maker of the O.

Alas... unfortunately.