Chapter 15

~🖤~

Sorry for the late update, guys.
___________________________________

He stares at me, looking all wary. Then he glances at Anna, who is watching us with curiosity and awe. Awe? Why?

I am leaning towards him, my fingertips brushing his jaw. He is tired and the dim light in the dining room is not helping.

"Come." I take his hand and pull him up.

His tired and injured body slumps onto me. His heavy arm on my shoulder and my arms around his waist. Anna is silently trailing behind us.

In the living room, I make Heath sit on the couch. Anna sits on the single-sofa and I take a place on the carpet, beside Heath's feet, but leaning on to the couch.

"Are you still hurt?" I break the silence after a couple of minutes.

"A little." Heath mumbles, and Anna is sitting silently.

"Thanks bestie. Calli, you are tired. You had a hard day today, being our godmother, but now you should sleep." Anna jokes, smiling at me, trying to break the tension. I return her smile.

"I need you." Heath whispers to me. My head snaps towards him and I frown

"Please..." He whispers, burning me with his intensity and suddenly the sexual tension has reached to its peak. "Come here, Precious."

I get up and sit beside him. Anna's lips quirk up. What do you know Anna, that I am not getting? My subconscious is silently glaring at her for her amusement.

Heath takes my hand in his frigid hands. I shudder and at an instant, he's holding me in his arms, his nose nuzzled in my neck. I go stoic but after a while I hug him back.

His hold tightens, as if he's afraid, I'll vanish in thin air. He pulls up and stares at me, a thousand emotions flicking through his mind, which I can't grasp.

He brushes my cheek with his fingertips, slowly moving then to my forehead, eyelashes, nose and lips. It soothes me, increases my heartbeat and loving for him.

I grasp onto his biceps for support, while his lips trace my facial features, lingering on my lips.

Suddenly, his teeth is nibbling my bottom lip, tasting me, hungrily. I lose all my senses, just the heartbeat keeps on increasing and there's a pull in my groin.

"Um...guys...uh... I obviously like to watch this, but can we discuss?" A voice chimes in.

Shit. Anna. But anyway, thanks, bitch, reminding me of that matter.

Heath groans, pulls away and scowls at Anna. She smiles innocently, as always.

I nervously tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, drinking Heath's features. His demeanor stills looks tired but somehow, his eyes are glowing and he is grinning and mouthing. Wait... He's talking.

I groan. Glaring at Anna for breaking that and not listening.

"Spill." I say, in a stern tone, still glaring at them.

Anna grins apologetically, clearly not giving an apology. Heath turns to me and frowns, obviously, being a muddle headed and not understanding.

"About what?" He asks frowning.

I shake my head in annoyance, groaning. Then, I sit steadily, folding my arms on my chest and turn to him.

"First, how did you get hurt?" He gets rigid, all of a sudden.

I continue. "Second, what did I miss between you two?" I glare at Anna, where Heath is in deep thought.

"How can I trust you?" Heath asks, sternly, acidly, as if hating my questions.

My anger followed my shock. Did he just ask me that?

"I think, I took care of you, not a moment ago." I snap, angrily. I took care of him, draining my energy. Not only did he thanked me, but he's now accusing me.

"I can help myself, I don't need you. I can't trust you. Drop it." He glared at me. Oh! Now it's my fault. I see.

"You will stay. Anna take him to his room and then come to mine. You'll sleep with me." I say, monotonously, coldly, hiding my rising temper.

"I won't stay." Heath snaps, as he tries to get up and fails miserably.

I get up, nod at Anna, to do what I told to do. She nods back, keeping her argument to herself. She knows, it is not the time, to argue with a very calm Callista Embrey.

"I don't trust you and I won't stay." He groans, I presume, clutching his head.

My back is to him, I can't see him. I am angry and hurt. I helped him and he doesn't want that. What was that, a minute ago, when he was kissing me?

"If someone doesn't want to answer a question that he wanted to answer, a moment ago, I don't care. Your choice, if you want to trust me. I am not a bitch, so, stay." I order, gravely, but very calmly.

Pausing in front of my bedroom door, I look at him, masking my anger and hurt.

He ashens, perhaps understanding the authority in my voice and the calm before the violent storm.

Seeing his face, I regret my command but I know, it was necessary, so, I give him a stern look. I nod at Anna, whose lips are in a grim line.

"Rest. We'll see about this tomorrow." I say, more like order him, maybe both.

Confirming that he reached safely to his room, for now, I head towards my bed.

I lie down, wearing my PJ's and stare at the ceiling.

I took care of him. How can he not trust me? What's his mystery? Why doesn't he let anyone in? Asshole, thinks with his dick. If Anna hadn't brought him, and I didn't treat him, could be even snap at me like that?

But somewhere, my hurt is overtaking my anger on him.

He doesn't trust me. He needs to rest, so, I'll see about this issue tomorrow. Why does he even kiss me? I ask myself.

My subconscious sneers at me. He wants you for sex, idiot. Why will be trust you even?

He told me he's my friend. With no commitments. I reply meekly, my tears not coming out.

I don't cry ever. When my parents died, my brother trained me and a lot of people backstabbed me, I made myself strong. This was after so many years, that tears were threatening to spill and I hated myself, hated Heath, hated everything for it.

Idiot. Who becomes a friend within her a day? He wants sex. My subconscious is glaring at me, crossing her arms.

Whatever. I reply her, exhausted.

I try to keep my eyes open, waiting for Anna to come in. I just want to talk about all these.

Meanwhile, I think about my life, my late parents, my brother, Anna and mostly about Heath. I feel a pull towards him, straight from my groin. Maybe, just sex. But this is my first, in feeling such. After all, he's an asshole.

Thinking about all the crap in my life, I drift of to sleep, not even getting a glimpse of the particles belonging to Anna.