Chapter 30

~🖤~

A/N

This is the last chapter and, maybe there will be 2-3 epilogues.

If you guys want a bonus chapter from Heath's POV, during the previous chapters, just say it, Folks! Only then, I'll think about bonus chapters.

Till then... Bye and Vote and Share!
____________________________________

My head throbbed from the pain, the dizziness.

I heard muffled sounds, indicating I wasn't dead after all.

I blinked rapidly, and the vision spun before me. I touched my throbbing head, lightly and felt the bandages around my head.

"She's waking up!"

I wanted to speak, anything but I could feel my sore throat. I clasped my fingers around my throat, to reduce the sourness but to no avail.

After a few minutes of trying to speak, I slowly opened my eyes and was blinded by white lights.

The throbbing in my head just went on increasing to a whole new level.

I jumped a little, with the sudden warmth that spread through my body. After blinking a few more, my eyes adjusted to the surroundings.

I was indeed in a hospital room, and a doctor along with the important people in my life were standing.

What surprised me was that there was Antonio and his fiance Edward, standing at a corner.

I moved my eyes around a bit and finally it landed on the grey orbs.

His eyes were dim, yet happy and held a little remorse, dark circles covering the bases of the eyes.

My eyes scanned his beautiful face.

His face was pale, his eyes too, as if he hadn't slept ever. A small stubble covered his jaw, indicating he hadn't shaved for a few days.

I smiled softly at him, forgetting the others in the room.

"I believe you remember everybody." The doc spoke, making me glance his way, "You were just passed out for three days. No severe injuries. No memory loss."

I gave him a nod and smile in return, but I wanted to speak.

So, I opened my mouth, but the soreness in my throat prevented me. As if, knowing my problem, Heath offered me a glass of water.

I quickly gulped it down, and other two glasses followed in quick succession.

"Thanks." I said, hoarsely, meaning that to everyone present.

Suddenly, I was engulfed in the strong arms of Heath.

His warmth calmed me. The sparks shoot through my body and I instantly, relaxed.

I pushed my stiff fingers in his hair, and he shook a little. Then only, I realised, his tears were soaking my hospital gown and his tears were free flowing, nonstop from his eyes.

"What happened?" I smiled softly, brushing my fingers through his hair and rubbed his back with my left hand.

"I thought I lost you, Precious." He cried, his voice muffled.

I smiled and hugged him tighter, ignoring the pain on my abdomen and trying to soak as much as warmth from him.

"I'm here." I whispered into his ear. I cradled him half in my arms.

"I'm so so sor-sorry Ca-Calli." Heath hiccuped.

I frowned, "What are you sorry for?"

He looked up, his grey orbs meeting my blue ones. Different emotions swirled in those beautiful specks which had entrapped me from the first day.