Chapter 17

~🖤~

Knock! Knock!

The door opens a little, Anna's head peeping in.

"What person takes 45 minutes to finish pancakes and cover?" I huff, sitting on the bed, cross legged, playing FIFA on my iPhone.

"That's us." She grins, but instantly that vanishes as I give her a glare. "Um...can we come in?"

"Yes." I glare at her, giving her an indirect message about my sour and bitter mood. Not a healthy combination.

Anna opens the door widely, comes in and Heath follows behind. My face kits up, at the sight, but I quickly mask my excitement.

Heath strolls in and sets the big tray, filled with pancakes, Hershey coated breads and a large cup of hot chocolate, in front of me.

"You know, you can grin. If is a free country, after all." Heath mumbles.

I glare at him and Anna follows next.

"Sit." I pat on the bed and they take a seat, reluctantly. "Now, who made these?"

"I did." Heath says, staring directly at me and I successfully, avoid his burning gaze.

"Why?" I ask sternly, guessing the answer to my question.

"We are sorry, Callista. Anna told me, your favourite and I made them. We are sorry." He says, now, avoiding my gaze.

"I told you, I don't care. It is a free country, after all." I make air quotes for the last part.

"But we are guilty. Anna is like a friend, we were just caught up in our grief and fucked up." He urges, still not looking at me. Anna is sitting silently on the bed.

"I am not your girlfriend. Why are you guilty? Leave these shit and give me some fucking answers." I snap back.

"Calli! Please, we are sorry. I would have told you at the right time, but I didn't. I regret it. I am sorry." She jumps for a hug, then withdraws, hesitantly.

I chuckle. "God! Anna, you dumb. How can I stay mad at you? I am glad, you gave me your confession." I hug her back and her grip tightens.

She hugs me tightly, her tears now cascading through my neck and seeping my t-shirt.

"Ugh! You girls! She apologized, you forgave. What's wrong with me then?" Heath groans loudly.

I turn towards him, and nearly laugh, seeing his pouty face. He looks adorable. And, the added adjective is definitely sexy.

"You are forgiven. But still, I may cut your balls of, cause, I demand an explanation. I am not going to waste my time, earning your trust and hunt for answers. Just give me a fucking explanation." I deadpan, not bothering to go on with my good mood.

His pout turns into a grimace, as he digests my words.

"Um... Where do I start?" He asks, scratching the back of his neck.

"Why don't you tell us about your work? It seems, it is illegal." I raise my eyebrow and Anna is again watching us, like a tennis match.

"Ok then." I nod, "I am the CEO of one of the best Software companies in the America. It is completely legal and I earn my money with hardwork."

"That's good, really good. I knew, you were rich, but wow... CEO?!" Anna gushes.

"But you don't have any photos indicating that... Why so?" I ask, digging for more.

"I like to stay hidden. No one knows my name as the CEO, my employees haven't even see my face." He says, in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I need to tell you something more." He says, after a while, nervously. I nod, stil imagining him as a CEO.