Chapter 28

~🖤~

The sunshine peeks through the windows, bringing me nature's relief, which I didn't think I would ever get.

It has nearly seven months in California. I decided to stay here with Rose, until my niece was born. After all, I had come in love with the sunshine in California.

Emilia Clarke Embrey was born a week ago, after six hours of labour.

She's beautiful. Her hands were soft and a blush always coating her cheeks. I was too fond of her to let go, so, I was planning on buying an apartment and finding a job in Cali.

Back in Leavenworth, I had told Anna to tell Alex about my panic attacks, along with other problems. Alex was cooperative, so, he gave my post to Anna and he had sent me a card, telling I was always welcome there.

Although except Ace, Anna, Rose and Chris, no one knew, I was in Cali, basking the warmth of the weather.

After that incident, i couldn't stand being in the same room with several people.

When on the urgent pleading of Rose and Chris, I went to a therapist, I told him I was facing nightmares, panic attacks and depression. He also had diagnosed me with claustrophobia.

After four months of intense therapy, doses of anti-depressants, musical and physical therapy, I was now, finally better and normal.

But there still existed my shattering heart.

Not to lie, he still visited my dreams and I was so pathetic and hopeful for someone, who couldn't even love me back, I found myself searching him in every song. Simply, I was desperate with a broken heart.

But my niece, Emilia or Lia, had helped me a lot in my therapy.

I used to sit in my room all day, during the first days, fighting my panic attacks and nightmares. It became worse, when Heath started to call Rose, everyday, about her health and the baby. But I always avoided the conversations between them.

More likely, I couldn't hear them, the panic attacks were quick to follow.

Ace and Anna were engaged on the same day, Lia was born.  They had decided to start their own company after their marriage, which was in two months and I was happy for them.

At least, someone was getting the happy ending. And that was, surely not me.

I sipped into my traditional morning hot chocolate, slowly reminiscing the horrible, disgusting yet somewhat nice past, rather like those two months. My thoughts always somehow, turned to Heath and what hurt most, that he never cared for me.

Keeping tracks on the Twitter Media, after two months of the incident, several feeds on other's accounts and comments on his account were posted, quite regularly. It didn't require brains for a person to know, that each of them had sex with him and how good he was.

It had just been two months for him to become a player again.

Although, after a first few feeds when I couldn't handle my already shattered heart, I stopped opening Twitter but not before deactivating my account, permanently.

I conversed with Ace, regularly on the phone. Whenever, he brought him up, I sidetracked him. I know he could sense it, but I didn't care and he didn't push. It hurt at first, it still hurts somewhere to think him with other women, but I didn't own him, sadly.

Completing my cup of hot chocolate, I went past the living room, to Lia's crib in her room.

I cradled the sleeping beauty in my arms, and looked over to the garden in front of the house, the sunshine of Cali adding to the beauty.