Chapter 22

~🖤~

This chapter is dedicated to:

-lZUYj , baglanmahvolursun , evllxr , Ferneweh- ,

Thanks for following me.

Please vote, guys!!
__________________________________

"You have some explaining to do."

I knew that, didn't I?

But, instead of answering him, I jerked my hand back and continued towards my car, as if he didn't say anything. Simply, I wanted to avoid him and I did.

And, I appreciated him. Instead of urging me, demanding me continuously, he followed to passenger seat and the others took their designated seats like last time.

I could feel Heath's burning gaze in me and believe me, it was the most awkward and nervous gaze, I've ever felt till now.

But instead of showing my nervousness, I solely concentrated on backing the car from the gym's parking lot.

Through the ten minutes drive, Anna and Ace chatted nonstop. Only, Ace and Anna. They were so busy in their little happy bubble, that they didn't even notice, the awkwardness in the front.

I was successful in avoiding everything. Even my thoughts, cause I wanted to. I could think about my one-sided feelings, the upcoming danger, the meeting with my brother - everything, sometime later.

As for Heath? He was staring right ahead, with his fists and jaw clenching. I could clearly feel the gears changing in his head, or maybe, he simply didn't like, that Anna was chatting with Ace.

Whatever.

Just there was a shitload of tension in the front.

As we reached my apartment, the weather was freezing. Of course, it is Leavenworth and winter in all, but still, today was colder than these past days.

And, I was wearing just a t-shirt, that too loose.

My teeth were chattering in the cold, the whole time, I was unlocking my apartment. No one noticed that and my shivering self, cause, Anna and Ace were still chatting and Heath was staring into the most interesting thing - the door of my apartment.

"Ah..." A sudden moan escaped from my lips, as I switched on the heater.

I needed to take a shower, because, there was a stench of sweat on my body. But, I was feeling too cold and a shower might, give me an headache.

Still, the stubborn asshole I am, I decided to take a shower. Or maybe, a warm bath.

Before I could step into my bedroom and the adjoining bathroom, next, Anna's voice stopped me.

"Calli? We'll be heading towards mine. After all, we all wouldn't accommodate here."

I nodded, stepping towards my bedroom, my duffel bag in my hand.

"Who belong to the population of 'we'?" I asked, turning towards them.

Anna was standing in middle of Heath and Ace, and it looked like a fucking love triangle. Internally, I rolled my eyes.

"Ace and I." She shrugged.

"Take him with you." I pointed towards Heath, my face blank.

" I'm staying here." Heath raised his eyebrows, as if challenging me. I wanted to challenge him too, but I was too tired to argue... mentally drained.