Chapter 29

~🖤~

I was now on my way to East Renton Highlands, that too in a private jet.

According to Ace, the resources of the James Softwares belonged equally to him, as to Heath and Rose. Their father had given them, equal shares of the company.

Anyway, Anna had helped me to pack my bags with some clothes in just 30 mins.

It was ridiculous, as I was sitting in a luxurious private jet in a hoodie and jeans.

But that was my least of concerns.

I barely registered the interior of the jet as my nerves and anxiety was all over the place.

I admit, I was bubbling with hope, after hearing Ace's words, but still, it was hope, that hurt me the most.

After, five hours of a nerve wracking flight, we finally descended on the helipad on top of the James Softwares.

It was quite big and a hint of cold in the atmosphere. The night was bright, everything clear and beautiful. The wind was fast, which nearly restricted my tight messy bun.

"Ma'am, Mr. Macenth said of your arrival. Mr. Heath is on the next building alongside this."

I looked over to the guard and nodded.

He led my way to the elevator which led me to the adjoining lobby downstairs with the other building, that is what he said.

"Does anyone else know my arrival?" I asked after a while.

I had told Ace to keep my arrival a secret, except to a few, whom I didn't know.

The guard proudly stated, "No Ma'am. The information was only given to me and a few guards."

"Who are you?" I asked him, cause I strongly believed he was someone more than a guard.

"Ma'am, I am Mr. Macenth's PA. Taylor Hart."

I shook hands with him, confidently. Positive vibes radiated from him and I knew, he was good in his work.

Taylor was quite old, who could simply pass as close to my father. And I respected him, the minute I saw him.

And, for once, I was not having any problems, interacting.

We reached the lobby and started towards the elevator that was adjoining to the other building.

I turned towards Taylor, before crossing the lobby.

"I'll be going alone. I don't think, there will be any problem."

He smiled at me, his eyes crinkling in thr corners. I returned his smiled, assuring him.

"Ok, Ma'am." He nodded and waited, for me cross the lobby, to another elevator.

"Call me Calli, Taylor."I yelled at him, as I took fast steps to the other elevator.

Waving at him, I caught his smile, just before I entered the elevator.

But before, the elevator door could close, a foot, interrupted the doors to be closed.

"Leaving me behind?"

My eyes nearly popped out of my sockets and surely thought, my ears had some defect.

"Alex?" I asked, hesitantly.

He laughed, mockingly, "Nope. I am a Demon."

I laughed with him and hugged him, as the elevator door closed behind him.

We chatted all up to the 45th floor, the office to Heath.

Suddenly, the lift stopped, which I assumed was the 37th floor.