Chapter 23

~🖤~

This chapter is dedicated to:

karciceklerigibi , luvxury , WittlePrincesa , user1666690 , enkazgibiyiz

Thanks for following me, guys!!!
_____________________________

"Good morning, Calli!" Anna and Ace chirped, in sync, as they entered the living room.

"Good morning, late birds." I muttered, taking out the jar of orange juice out from the refrigerator.

They both sat beside each other on the dining table, gossiping about everything - from hacking to computers - typical.

"You'll both have breakfast?" I asked, making my legendary signature hot chocolate.

They both nodded in response, maybe to say me indirectly, that they are busy.

"Good morning, everyone." His voice was husky as he seated himself across the ' lovebirds '.

Anna and Ace greeted him in return, then they again got busy in gossip. I stayed silent, and served toast, scrambled eggs and a glass of orange juice to each of them. And today was my bad luck.

The only vacant seat was beside Heath fucking James.

I served myself the same and a cup of hot chocolate. To avoid him, I leaned against the kitchen island and started eating there.

"Won't you join us?" Ace spoke between his mouthful of eggs.

I gave a fake laugh. "No! You eat first, Ace and I am cool, here." I grinned.

The three of them looked like I was speaking some alien language. But I ignored their looks and concentrated on my food. I have many things to think about other than him, Anna and my feelings.

I hated myself, because yesterday after the slap I got, still my body could feel his burning gaze on me... now.

I pushed myself against the island, silently washed my dishes, and as others kept their's, I washed and dried them too.

"What's the matter, girl?" Anna's hand fell on my shoulder.

I sighed and turned towards him. Then only I noticed, both Ace and Heath were not in the room.

"Why can't I see the badass here?" She smirked, lightly. I laughed.

Only Anna had the power to make me laugh and... to break my heart too.

That's why, I couldn't possibly, especially tell her my problem. At least, not now.

"Nothing." I gave her a warm smile, to prove I was fine, "Let's go."

I wrapped an arm around her shoulder, gave her another smile and walked into the living room. Heath and Ace were in some serious conversation, which they stopped as soon as we entered.

"We found their location." Ace replied, to my unspoken question.

"Whose location?" Anna and I asked, in sync and then we grinned at each other.

The twins rolled their eyes, to which I smirked at Ace and Anna laughed. Heath, completely forgotten.

"The cheats who killed our parents and is after my company." He said, gruffly.