Chapter 11

~🖤~

We drove to the mall nearest to my house. On the way, he was busy with some emails. Probably, he was a billionaire, I guess. Who else, stays so busy and earns a lot? Maybe, a job for an accountant?

The thing for which I was relieved of, that he had kept his hands and mouth to himself. He didn't touch me, but kept glancing at me. His stares had an intensity which burnt me through the soul. In fact, it was extremely, hazardous.

I took my keys out from the ignition, my phone, my headphones and my purse. After locking my car, I started walking and Heath following me.

He soon matched my strides with his long legs. But that was not the fact.

The stares of hundreds of people were hard to ignore. Especially, when the No. O aka me was walking with the O-Maker aka Heath. Gossip was always on people's tongue, always joining two and two together and this time, unfortunately, they were right. Why else would the O-Maker was walking along with No. O? Exactly, cause the former gave orgasms to the latter.

I ignored their stares as best as I could, but when they started clicking pictures, it became really annoying. Heath was also ignoring them but he was annoyed too, I bet. I gave my eyes a wonderful 180° round and glared at all of them.

Don't these people have nothing better to do? Get a life, assholes.

Some of them ignored me, while the others, stuffed their phones in their bags or pockets. I then again started walking as if nothing had happened. But I rounded to the certain someone, giving him a stern look, while he was still chuckling.

"What is there to laugh?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You look a lot sexier when you are angry." He chuckled. I glared at him and gave him a " are you serious?" look.

" Come on! Don't give that look." He groaned," If you don't stop giving me that look, I swear, I can't stop myself from fucking you now."

I rolled my eyes but the blush crept upto my cheeks, hearing his bold words.

I quickly took out my phone, to distract myself but also to see what was the gossip, regarding us, in the Twitter today.

I opened my Twitter and frowned. I was again tagged at a hundred posts...just now. Along with me, Heath was tagged too. I clicked on a feed and there we were, walking alongside in the entrance of the mall. I was nearly covered by Heath's frame. But still, I could be spotted.

I elbowed Heath lightly and showed him the feed. He shrugged and then was back again on his phone.

I sighed cause it was nothing new to him. This type of attention, he was technically, used to it. I stuffed my phone in my back pocket and entered the nearest shop.

He had also kept away his phone and I wondered many things. I thought of asking him, but refrained. After all, this was the first day of our friendship, I didn't want to mess this up and I wanted to win his trust.

"What are you thinking? I can see the gears turning in your head." He chuckled.

I shrugged," Can you answer?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Depends on what you want to ask." He grinned.

"If you want to do commitment, and you stopped fucking three months ago, why didn't you find someone within this time?"

"I don't know. All girls are so clingy." He chuckled but shut his mouth when I glared at him.

" Not all. By the way, does that mean you want someone to love? Cause, I know, that's the meaning of commitment." I shrugged.

"No. I can't love anyone." He deadpanned.

"Why though? Everyone can love." I said very seriously.

"I am incapable of love. I can't love anyone, maybe that is one of the reason why I am not still in a relationship." He looked away, looking everywhere but at me.

"What about your family? Don't you love them?" I stared at him wile he still looked away.

"There is just my sister and mom left from my family. My father left us long ago. I don't know what a father figure is. I just love my sister but I haven't met her for a long time and my mom doesn't matter." He was still ignoring my stares.

I pulled him by his arm and was shocked. His eyes had gone blurry. I quickly hugged him. I am one of a few persons who probably know, how it feels. He had lost contact with most of his family, while his mom and sis were still alive. I was now glad that, the relationship with my brother is still strong. Heath missed his family and, now, I missed mine too.

I realised, we were now in a corner of the shop, where there were quite a few people. I tried to pull away, after a minute, not wanting to catch attention. But he hugged me back tightly, sniffing in the crook of my neck. I soothingly rubbed his back while he held onto me tightly.

It doesn't matter what people think. They have got enough brains, to know not to make fun of people, everytime. We were standing there, now, silently. He had stopped sniffling, just was holding onto me.

I pulled away and rubbed my fingertips onto his cheeks. I stared into his eyes which was still blurry with unshed tears. His intensity, was still burning into my soul, but his eyes had a lot of emotions. I could catch only one...scared?

He gulped and his eyes flickered between my eyes and lips. I knew, I was facing the same temptation but I knew much better. This was just a situation where, I comforted him, nothing more, nothing less. My hand was still on his cheeks while his were around my waist. My common sense told me, this is a public place, moreover, we are just friends.

The tension was suddenly so much more. I cleared my throat, and stepped away from the awkward situation. He also stepped away and I looked away, putting a strand of hair behind my ear. Oh. What the fuck just happened? We are just friends, Callista. I convinced myself. Moreover he can have any girl, he wants.

I started walking and beckoned Heath to follow me.

We reached the sweater section within a couple of minutes. He waited patiently behind me, watching me, while I chose some sweaters. I finalised to three cardigans and turned to Heath.

I had a guy with me and I wouldn't miss the chance.

"Can you try these?" He raised his eyebrows at my question.

"What?! There is a guy with me now. If you can try those, it won't be a problem to buy one. After all, Alex is somewhat like you. " I grinned at him.

He chuckled at my theory. He took all the three cardigans from my arms and headed towards the trial rooms. I waited outside the room, he went to. I wondered about our little moment, a few minutes ago and wished, I could meet his family. Who in the right mind would ignore him? He was a charm, definitely.

"Hey, Callista? Can you help me? This cardigan has stuck." I frowned at his voice. He was slim, how could the cardigan not fit him?

I turned on the knob and my mouth hung open.