Chapter 16

~🖤~

My eyes flutter open. Reaching for the phone, in my bedside table, I realise, it's just 5am.

Exactly, I am not a morning person, then why did I wake so early?

I pat my bed, checking for Anna.

Huh? Now I'm wide awake. Where is she?

I sit up, the dawn still dark and see, that there is not even a trace of someone sleeping beside me.

Anna is in no way, a morning person too. She, in fact, sleeps till afternoon. I can clearly tell, she didn't sleep beside me yesterday. Where is she?

I climb off my bed and hunt for Anna. Passing the living room, I realise, she's not even sleeping on the couch. So, I check in the kitchen and bathroom. No trace of her.

There's a uneasy feeling settling inside me, as I can't find her. No one disappears like that.

At last, I decide to check the only room left, much to my dislike - Heath's room for now.

I open the door, quietly, cause it's still very early and peep my head inside.

All the colour drains from my face, numbing me. The uneasiness in my stomach has vanished, filling with nothing. I just stand there at the door, staring.

Clothes are discarded all over the room, two bottles of strong wine, from my stock, is kept on the bedside table.

What's more shocking is the fact, that, Heath and Anna are sleeping next to each other... Naked.

My senses are still numb, no emotions, nothing.

I slowly close the door, walk like a zombie to the living room and slide on the carpet.

My head is in my hands, my legs crossed under me, my hair disheveled. I just think, slowly, realising the scene, now.

Weren't they both injured? How can they have wine? Moreover, how can they have sex?

The questions are slowly, coming inside my head and my subconscious is soon answering me, that what an idiot I am.

You are so naive. You are not beautiful, why will be like you? He lied to you, about not having sex for three months, idiot. They are not fucking injured. They wanted to escape you, and wanted to do sex. You are a complete jerk. She mocks me.

I thought he liked me. What was that intensity? That kiss? And wasn't Anna my best friend?

I know, I shouldn't jump to bad conclusions. But what do you expect, when you see them lying naked on bed?

The anger and hurt is slowly building inside me. I know, they are my weaknesses.

So, I instantly become extremely calm and strong, keeping my emotions in check.

I go to the kitchen, make myself a cup of hot chocolate and stroll to the big window. Removing the curtains, I stare at nothing in particular, cause it's still dark outside.

What's Heath hiding? What now?

Well, I think I'll kill them with kindness. There's no excuse, what they did. Especially, it's not my business, if they are having sex, when they are hurt and in my apartment, I guess.

I watch the sun rising, standing there, still sipping my, now, cold chocolate. Probably, two hours have passed, I guess. I don't bother to check the time.

The living room has lit up from the sunrays, coming from the high windows, inside the room.

The sound of footsteps echo throughout the room, but I don't look back.