Chapter 26

~🖤~

I throw a Jar of peanut butter in the shopping cart and yell. In return, earning looks from the elder shoppers.

Rose laughs, "For a girl, who just experienced a heartbreak, you're are damn active."

"Thanks Rose, for being the mood killer." I give her a scowl.

She gives me a forced smile and moves on to the reception.

We are currently at the shopping mall, for grocery, as promised by Rose. But, like the wonderful person I am, I put up a lot of fight.

Today morning, as usual, we again had our meetings, with Ace and Chris keeping tabs on Xavier's life, Anna, Heath and I on our respective businesses and Rose resting. I had so much work, cause the office Holidays will end this week.

So, I assigned my half of the work to Anna.

On important notes, we found out, Xavier has a partner addressed as 'Unknown', which led me to the fact, that I have heard of him somewhere... Just I don't remember.

And this morning, I found Heath lying on the couch. I felt bad but I quickly brushed it away. We, all avoided him like the Spanish Flu, especially me.
I didn't even glance his way.

After paying for the grocery items, Rose nearly drags me outside.

She surely still possesses her strength in pregnancy.

As we both cross the crosswalk, to get to the other side, I instantly freeze but quickly, my instincts kick in.

I slowly tilt my head to a bulky man, digging a gun each on our hips, clearly indicating - more like warning - that we won't be able to escape. Before, I can show my moves, the asshole speaks.

"You better not." He growls lowly, "There are children and aged. We don't want to harm them, do we?"

The urge to wipe the smirk from this bastard's face was increasing by each passing second.

"Get on like two good girls, sweethearts!" His each words were coated with sugar, "Don't fight..."

I looked over to Rose, whose face was laced with sorry and fear. I wrapped a protective arm around her. Sighing, I walked where the bulky man, practically shoved us.

"Get in!" He growled, shoving us further to a black SUV, whose glasses were tinted, pitch black.

We followed inside and in a second I regretted my decision.

Cause, after a second, my vision became black.

***

I blinked several times.

After several attempts, I realised the room was dimly lit. The only source of light was coming from a small night bulb.

I looked further around the room, to see Rose already awake, staring at me and silently asking for some hope.

I tugged at my hands, but as usual, like a villain's mind works, we both were tied to wooden chairs.

My instincts became on alert and I started inspecting.

My hands were tied behind my back with some sort of cable that would cut into my skin, the more I would try to tug it. My ankles were bound to the stumps of the chair, tightly.

Besides the fact that I didn't know our whereabouts, with no trackers, no time, it was damn frustrating that the rivals - Xavier Ryder and his gang - are good with their job.

I didn't know about the time, and just as I was going to ask Rose, I realised my mouth was also taped.

Ignoring myself, I looked over to Rose for any injuries and was glad that I couldn't find any. We decided to take our advantages to use.