||Autumn||

Chapter 2
Dean's POV

There I stood under the shade of a large tree in a grassy area, watching Abby and Sam quickly shake hands before they started their mini soccer game. "Good luck." Abby said with a lopsided smile as she felt the ball, making sure it wasn't flat. She rolled the ball in front of her and juggled it. Sam was standing their waiting for to make a move, she dropped the ball at her feet and stood there grinning like a fool at Sammy.

As Sam charged towards the ball, she passed it through his legs and scored a goal. "Rule number one, always stay in an athletic position, and never have your legs wide open." Abby said quickly and winked in my direction.
Sam started the ball; I watched him dribble towards Abby with ease. As he slowly stopped to confuse her she stole the ball and took a shot, managing to make it curve. "Never take time to think during a 1 on 1." Abby said and chuckled at Sam's discourage.

"Can I see the ball really quickly?" Abby asked as Sam tossed her the ball. "You know how to do a rainbow and then volley it into the goal?" She asked raising an eyebrow, while Sam shook his head yes. "Do it," She said and tossed the ball at him. Sammy managed to get the ball over his head using the move called a rainbow, but failed at the volley.

"It'll take practice but here'a what it will look like after practicing for a bit." Abby said and took the ball back. She did the rainbow flawlessly and managed to power shot it in before the ball landed onto the ground.

"Awesome, teach me more!" Sam begged vigorously. "Maybe another day," Abby said and messed Sam's hair up. She then looked at me for approval. "Yeah anytime is good for us." I cringed at my little white lie; dad would come him God knows when, and demand we left right then and there. I looked at Sammy. "Tomorrow please?" Sammy asked using his puppy dog eyes on her.

"That's up to- shit, I can't Sammy, my first game is tomorrow." Abby sad with a bit of sadness. "We'll come watch you play right Dean?" Sam asked and flashed me warning, a warning because he knew I liked her and he would expose me to the world. "I don't know Sammy," I began and rubbed my neck. "It's fine Dean, you guys don't have to come. We'll probably lose anyways." Abby said quietly avoiding eye contact.

I sighed softly and looked between the two. "Fine," I said and watched Sammy bounce with joy. "We won't lose with you on the team," Sam said reassuringly. Abby's eyes grew cold and sad filled them after Sam's reassuring comment got to her ears.
"I have to go, bye guys thanks for having me." Abby choked out and ran past Sam and I. I knew why she had to leave; the comment reminded her of Jared.

"Before you go Abby I have to tell you something." I said as I caught up to her. Abby looked up from and had a stray tear on her cheek. Her eyes looked tired and she sighed. "Jared was a demon, that's why I was saying all that Latin back there." I said as I leaned against her door and I heard her sigh softly.

"I have to go Dean, thanks for everything you've done for me, and I mean that. Maybe all the stuff I told you about Jared is paying off." Abby said jokingly and smirked at me. "Bye Abs," "See ya Winchester," Abby said and pulled away.

"You're in love with her Dean, I could totally tell because you would just stare at her like a creep, but she's too oblivious to notice it." Sam said as soon as I walked in the door. "Are you in love with her?" Sam questioned, making sure his accusation was correct. I was silent for the second time today as my brother questioned me. "You're in love with her." Sam said his lips pursed. He knew why I didn't say anything; if our dad found out he would tell me we had to leave, even if the case was done or not.

////////////

Abby's POV

As I drove home I pulled over for a minute, admiring the gorgeous Autumn scene. I got out of the car and sat on the roof of the jeep. It wasn't like I was on a busy highway or anything. I inhaled the cold air and closed my eyes. I thought about how much both my parents and Jared loved Autumn.

It was a few minutes later and I began to cry to myself. I was sobbing and then soon called Dean because we traded numbers. I told him I was tired and too upset to drive. He sighed, "I'll be right there." He said and hung up. I let the blackness wash over me like a wave from the ocean.