||Beer&Blondes||

Chapter 6
Dean's POV

Seeing Abby at Bobby's place really shocked me. I hadn't seen her in years and I didn't expect her to get into hunting. After I left her, I had to get over the fact that I'd never see her again, and I did that be sleeping around with other women.

I heard Sam and Abby talk and I saw her hug him. I felt a raging fire build in my heart, but I leaned against the door frame. "Abby Grey; damn you got hotter since the last time I saw you." I said with a signature smirk.

Abby and I spoke to each other, but it was short, simple, and it seemed like we were strangers just meeting for the first time. Bobby rested host fists against his desk and looked at Abby. "Abby, your case is in Jackson, New Jersey. Say here that a girl about your age stopped there a few months ago and hasn't been seen since." Bobby said warily. "We are coming with you." I said after herring the details. It sounded like a vampire problem, and damn, are those things nasty.

I looked to Bobby who had amusement in his eyes. "That's up to her." Bobby said and went back to the case. "No." Abby annoyed. "What why not?" I shouted, clearly flustered. She ignored my question and went back to looking at Bobby. "I'm heading out now Uncle B," Abby kissed him on the cheek and quickly walked out.

Sam came in from lecturing Abby on her safety and sat on the couch. "We're going after her." I said as I walked to the kitchen to get my keys. "What? no Dean, she clearly is good enough of a hunter if Bobby let her make her own choice on if we can or not! She'a clearly a good enough hunter if she's going alone as well!" Sam said in his high pitched 'trying to make a point' voice.

"Whatever Sammy, but your still coming." I said as I walked back up to my room. I felt a hand grip my shoulder, which made me jump. "Come your nerves boy!" Bobby said gruffly and chuckled half-heartily. I could see the worry in his eyes. "Dean, I just wanted to tell you that Abby has... well she's changed since you left. You kinda broke her heart and well, I guess she changed for the greater good. Now Abby is one of the best hunters I've seen besides you idjits; specializes in vamps, demons, and werewolves. She doesn't joke around anymore either, so when she says something she seriously means it. Just be careful with her." Bobby said as tears prickled in his eyes. "I know Bobby," I said and tried to push past him, but he stopped me.

"You don't get it. Say something about you, her family, her dead ex Jared, anyone she cares about; she will break and just lose it. One thing and anything can push her over the edge Dean; ANYTHING." Bobby said as I nodded shortly. He let me get on with my stuff and soon I was in my baby with Sammy by my side.

As we drove in awkward silence, Sam finally spoke up. He coughed slightly. "So what was that talk about with Bobby?" He asked curiously and looked at me through the corner of his eye. "How she's changed, and I quote 'changed for the greater good'." I said as I squinted. We were driving in the direction of the sunset and the sun was in my eyes.

Finally arriving at our motel in Jackson, New Jersey, I unloaded the Impala. I was finally sitting on my bed and Sammy had walked in from outside. "So I just called Abby." Sam began and licked his lips nervously. I shut down my anime and looked at him. "So?" I asked as he then avoided eye contact with me. "She thinks the vamp gets his victims from the local bar, and since she doesn't have anyone else for bait, she's making herself bait." Sam winced as he finally made eye contact with me. "We're going to the bar tonight!" I said with an evil grin as Sam shook his head.

/////////////
Abby's POV
I was exhausted from the trip here and desperately wanted to sleep. I sighed and spent an hour on the internet and found that all the other victims were of the same sex and age. They all had things in common; they all had major secrets and went to the local bar; Big John's Bar and Grill. I leapt up from the bed and did a happy dance. I'd be back at Uncle B's place in no time.