Chapter 12: Flying to Hargeon

-An Hour Later-

"Alright, every passenger is safe." Erza announced as she dusted off her hands.

"So now what?" Gray asked.

"New plan!" Happy cried out.

"How are we gonna get to Hargeon? We're kinda being followed, so..." Wendy didn't finish her sentence.

"I know!" Erza's eyes sparkled. "We can dress in disguises and take a magic mobile!"

Everyone sweat dropped. "No."

"Why not?" She pouted.

"Disguises? We'd have to become brand new people!" Wendy said.

"Yeah, not your best idea, Erza." Gray frowned.

"I'm sorry, but I've kind of given up hope of ever completing this mission!" Erza shouted, exasperated.

"What?" Lucy whispered. "You don't think we'll be able to turn Natsu back?"

"I didn't mean that." Erza said hurriedly. "It's just, we've barely started this journey, and all of this is already happening. It's quite overwhelming."

"I agree. I'm emotionally exhausted." Lucy sighed. "I feel like I'm hallucinating."

"We could fly..." Wendy suggested. "Carla and Happy can carry two people, just not for a really long time." The Exceeds exchanged dubious glances.

"Yes." Carla nodded hesitantly. "But we'll have to be well rested and full of energy."

"That's the best plan so far." Erza said. She kicked a rock. "Let's do it."

"Are you two okay to fly right now?" Wendy asked. They nodded. 

"I'll carry Wendy and Erza." Carla said. "Happy can take Lucy and Gray."

"Ugh, but they're both so heavy!" Happy complained.

"Shut up!" Lucy and Gray barked.

"Let's go then." Erza ordered.

"Don't drop us..." Gray groaned as Happy picked him up. Lucy wrapped her arms around Gray's chest and he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Ready?" Erza asked as she tightened her grip on Wendy. "Wendy, are you comfortable? I don't want you getting hurt." She asked in a motherly tone.

"I'm okay." Wendy said reassuringly. "Are you and Happy okay, Carla?"

"Yep..." They said dryly. They started flying. They both groaned inwardly at the amount of weight they were carrying.

"This is terrifying." Lucy squeaked as she closed her eyes and tightened her grip on Gray. He nodded.

"This is so fun!" Erza laughed happily. Wendy smiled as Erza's excitement.

"How far away are we?" Carla asked.

"Like a couple miles." Gray said. The Exceeds groaned.

"I don't think I can do this for one mile!" Happy complained.

"We're really only supposed to carry one person, you know." Carla muttered.

"Well, we appreciate you carrying two." Wendy said nicely. They went on flying in silence for a while.

"Once we get to Hargeon, we'll need a boat." Erza thought aloud, startling everybody.

"Yeah, good luck getting a boat for 4 weird wizards with flying cats who want to go to Alakitasia." Gray said sarcastically.