Chapter 25: Captured Again

-A Couple of Days Later-

"Gray, wake up." Gray groaned as he managed to open his eyes. He saw Wendy peering down at him. "Thank God, you're okay."

He rubbed his head. "How long was I out?"

"I think a few days. I'm not not exactly sure how long we've all been here. But we've been conscious for at least a day, so..." Erza trailed off.

Gray gasped as he noticed his injured teammates. "What happened to you?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Lucy asked. "They're slowly killing us."

"No." Erza corrected. "They're waiting for Zeref to come get us."

"You mean kill us." Wendy mumbled.

"What? I don't get it." Gray shook his head. "Where's Natsu? And Happy?"

"Natsu's back in the spirit world. I hid the key from them and they got mad and cut my hair off." Lucy smiled lightly as she fingered her bob. "Too bad Cancer can't come here and trim it more evenly."

"I like it." Wendy said nicely.

"Thanks."

"No one knows where Happy is." Erza stated. "We think he escaped, though."

"That's good." Gray said.

"I can't believe we got captured again. Stupid Natsu." Erza fumed. "He wanted action and now we're imprisoned. He jinxed us."

"Typical." Gray sighed. "So where's his key, Lucy?"

She tugged at her waistband and revealed a small pocket. "I hid it in here. They have my other keys, though."

"Oh." He turned to Erza. "What's the plan?"

She shrugged. "I'm fairly certain we can fight. We're not even in sealstone. But I have a bad feeling this is a trap, so I'm not sure what to do."

"Rely on Happy to save us?" Wendy suggested.

Erza sweat dropped. "Uh, no."

"Oh, the little ice boy is finally awake." Vanessa spat at him as she approached the cell. "Look what you did to me!" She pointed at the gash on her face. "But I'm gonna get my revenge. You'll see."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Gray asked as she walked off.

"It means she's about to kill you." Lucy said simply as she leaned against the wall.

"That's nice. I don't get why Zeref is coming to get us if we're wanted dead or alive." He frowned.

Erza shrugged. "He's a complicated man." 

Wendy snorted at her statement. "We really need a way out."

"Well, like I said we could bust out, but I'm sure it's more complicated than that." She responded.

"Do you even know where we are?" Gray asked.

"No, we all woke up in this cell." Lucy said.

"I know where we are." Wendy piped up. "Even though I was unconscious, I could still hear. We're in a maze of tunnels deep underneath the empire. I estimate we're a hundred feet underground."

"Wow, really?" Lucy looked at her in awe. "That's crazy!"

"A maze of tunnels, huh?" Erza smirked. "I bet we can easily clear it."

"What about Jellal?" Gray pointed out. "He's probably freaked out. Again."

"Once we get out of here we'll find him." She decided.