Chapter 18: The Prison

"OW!" The Fairies all cried as they were thrown roughly into a cell.

"At least we're all together." Wendy sighed.

"For now." Erza frowned as she scanned the cell.

"Too bad they didn't remove the handcuffs." Gray groaned. "We could've easily busted out."

"Maybe we still can." Lucy said. "I mean, we still are incredibly strong even without our magic."

"Yes, the 4 of us, powerless, against armed soldiers and wizards." Erza replied sarcastically. "Great idea, Lucy."

"At least I tried." She pouted.

"Maybe Natsu will bust us out." Gray suggested. "If he was in his human form, he would definitely come for us."

"But Zeref has his key." Wendy pointed out.

"That doesn't matter." Gray responded. "Natsu can open his own gate."

"Oh."

"So our best idea is to hope for Natsu to save us?" Erza asked incredulously. "I don't like that. We need to make an escape plan. I have a feeling we'll be in here for a long time, plenty of time to gather information and observe."

Suddenly, the door opened. Dimaria leaned against the doorway, scanning the 4 wizards. They gasped at her magic power. "Which one of you is Lucy?"

"I am." Wendy said quickly as she side-eyed Lucy.

Lucy shook her head. "Thanks, Wendy, but no." She stood. "I am."

Dimaria smiled wickedly. "Get the blonde."

2 soldiers grabbed Lucy and dragged her out of the cell.

"Lucy!" The others shouted.

"I'll be fine!" She shouted.

"What do they want with Lucy?" Wendy asked, her face fearful.

Erza's face darkened. "I have a feeling she'll be used as an example for us. Of their magic power and their deadliness."

"What if they kill her? We should try to rescue her!" Gray snapped.

"No." Erza said firmly. "We should focus on an escape plan. Lucy's tough, she'll be fine."

"Erza's right." Wendy admitted. "As much as I want to get Lucy back, we need to focus on the big picture."

Gray gritted his teeth. "Fine."

"Gray, I know Lucy's like a sister to you, but don't worry. She can take care of herself." Wendy said comfortingly.

"You're right." He took a deep breath before turning to Erza. "So, what do you think we should do?"

"I think it's crucial we gather information from the guards. Maybe one could be bribed or persuaded." Erza mused. "We also need to know the layout of the prison. Then we can figure out the best way to bust out."

"So I'm guessing we're gonna be in here for a while." Wendy sighed and curled up in a ball. "I'm already getting claustrophobic."

"I don't like it either, but I think that this is the best for now. I'm sure Lucy will also have some information when she comes back." Erza said.

"If she comes back." Gray corrected.

Erza frowned. "Let's have faith in Lucy."

He scoffed. "I have plenty of faith in Lucy. I'm just worried. You felt how powerful she is. And some of the Alvarez people are ruthless. She might be one of them."