Chapter 33: Gray v.s. Invel

"What's wrong?" Gray asked as he saw Erza's wide eyes.

"Zeref's ship. We have to go! He can bring Natsu back." She quickly stood before falling over.

Wendy caught her. "You're too weak. Don't worry, we will."

"Natsu has to come back." Happy said tearfully. "Or this will have been all for nothing."

"I'll go." Lucy said firmly. "The rest of you can stay and heal."

"There's no way you're going by yourself." Gray's eyes narrowed.

"Foolish child, do you really have a death wish?" Porylusica shook her head.

"Lucy, you may be strong, but you are easily outnumbered." Carla said. "You'd die."

"But I have my E.N.D. Star Dress." She protested.

"You can't seriously be thinking about using it!" Erza exclaimed.

"You'll kill everyone! Remember what you did on the train?!" Gray said wildly.

"But I can control it!" Her eyes filled with tears. "Let me do this!"

"No!" He shouted. "And if you try to go, we'll stop you."

"I know you want Natsu back." Wendy said timidly. "We all do, but it's too dangerous."

"I'd rather me die than all of you." Lucy stood up with her fists balled.

"That's suicide!" Wendy's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, but I can't allow anyone else to get hurt. This was my fault, so I'll pay the price." She started to walk away.

Gray tackled her. "I said no!" 

"Let me go!" She howled as she tried to break free. He grabbed her arms and pinned her down.

"YOU'RE NOT GONNA DIE, HEAR ME?!" He demanded. "NONE OF US WILL LET YOU!" 

"IT'S MY FAULT THIS HAPPENED! I WANT TO MAKE IT RIGHT!"

"YOU CAN! BY LIVING! DO YOU REALLY THINK WE'RE GONNA LET YOU THROW YOUR LIFE AWAY?!"

"But-"

"SHUT UP! I SAID NO!"

The guild watched in tearful shock as Lucy started sobbing. She stopped resisting and laid quietly on the ground. "I'm sorry..."

Happy landed next to her head. "We're gonna bring him back. Together."

"And don't forget it." Gray said quietly as he got off of Lucy. He extended his hand.

She timidly took it. "I'm sorry guys. I wasn't being rational."

"GUYS!" Juvia shouted at the top of her lungs as she and Lyon burst in the room. Her face filled with rage after seeing Gray holding Lucy's hand, but she shook her head. "I can't focus on that right now. Bad news, two more of the 12 are here. They broke through Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel."

Mirajane gasped. "Do you know which ones?"

"Yes, one is that 'Warrior Queen'," Juvia looked at Lucy, "and another is an ice wizard." Her eyes shifted to Gray.

"This is bad." Makarov muttered. "Some of our strongest are already out."

"I can't believe my guild has fallen." Lyon balled his fists. "I have to get revenge for them! Let me handle the ice wizard!"

"I'm going with you." Gray said.

"If Gray's going, I'm going." Juvia planted her hands on her hips.