Chapter 30: Sorano's Help

-Later That Night-

Gray startled as the door creaked open. He sat up and pushed a sleeping Wendy off of his shoulder. "Ang-Sorano?"

"Follow me!" She whispered.

He shook Lucy awake. "Let's go people. Up, up." He picked up Happy and shook him roughly.

"Ow!" Happy cried groggily. "Chill out!"

"What's happening?" Erza mumbled as she woke Jellal.

"Sorano's bringing us somewhere." Gray said. "Come on!"

Lucy dragged a sleepy Wendy with her. "Wendy!"

"Huh? Are we dying?!" Wendy's eyes darted around.

"No. It's time to go." Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Oh."

Sorano pulled them into a room. "This is where we keep all of the armor. Each member of the 12 has a different style of armor. These are Brandish's." She pointed to heavy armor with spears.

"Why is the tip of the spear blue?" Lucy asked.

"It's lacrima." She snorted.

Lucy raised her eyebrows. "Do you have a problem with me?"

Sorano ignored her. "Get dressed everyone, so I can show you where you're going. Brandish's guards always protect the east wing. That's where the 12's rooms are."

They quickly got dressed. Wendy struggled to find armor that fit. "This is so heavy!"

"What about me?" Happy asked.

"You can hide in my armor." Wendy offered. "There's plenty of room since it's too big for me." She lifted him into the armor.

"Jellal, aren't you gonna get dressed?" Erza asked.

He shook his head. "I'm not going with you. I have to take care of something first, but I'll meet you in Ishgar."

She kissed him lightly. "Be careful."

"You too." He hurried away.

"Let's go." Sorano led them to the east wing. 

"It's so quiet." Lucy whispered to Gray.

"Yeah..." He looked around suspiciously.

"Halt!" 

Sorano spun around. "Yes?"

"What are you doing out of the dungeon?"

She huffed in annoyance. "I found these drunks in the dungeon making a ton of noise so I'm bringing them back to their stations." She hissed at the group. "Act drunk!"

Lucy wobbled as she loudly laughed. She slapped Gray on the back. "Ahaha, that was so funny!" He bent over laughing. 

"Hey, I wonder if we'll get to kill people in Ishgar?" Erza said before cackling.

The guard looked at the loud group in annoyance and fear. "Yeah...get them out of here."

Wendy hugged the guard. "You're so sweet, honey!" 

"Um..." He scratched his head in confusion as they walked away.

"Good job guys." Sorano said as she walked faster. "Let's hurry. I don't want anymore trouble." 

"What was that?" Happy snickered to Wendy.

"I don't know. I tried." She blushed.

They made it to the east wing without running into anyone. Sorano put her hands on her hips. "Act like soldiers. Alvarez soldiers are serious. They rarely goof off. So just stand there quietly, respectfully, and don't talk to any of the 12! And follow all orders. Good luck on your mission. You've made it this far, let's hope you make it the rest of the way." She silently strode off.