Epilogue

The Fairies went back to the guild to see it obliterated. Bodies were piled on the ground, a grim reminder of the cost of war. The entire continent suffered losses. The kingdom of Fiore was nearly destroyed. The remaining people spent hours burying their fallen comrades and fixing the kingdom. 

Fairy Tail was disbanded. No one had replaced Makarov as master, and no one had tried to bring the guild back together. They all went their separate ways.

Lucy spent hours thinking of Natsu and ways to bring him back. She wore his scarf as a belt everyday (Happy had said it was too painful for him to hold onto), never forgetting about her toothy, pink-headed boyfriend. She traveled to Alakitasia and buried Brandish with much grief, like she said she would. Lucy could usually be found wandering around the destroyed guild hall. She spent a lot of time at the graveyard, paying respects to her deceased friends, especially Natsu.

Happy spent most of his time at Lucy's side. The two became inseparable after Natsu's death. He didn't talk much, but offered his quiet support. He hasn't smiled once since his best friend passed away.

Gray was at Juvia's grave everyday. He would tell her about what's going on and would constantly talk about their memories. He made it his life's mission to find a way to bring back Juvia. He carried her hat with him everywhere he went as a reminder.

Erza and Jellal traveled around the kingdom. The two were always at each other's side. They helped fix the damage that the war caused. They rarely went to Magnolia because of the painful memories. 

Wendy spent a lot of time in front of the guild hall, facing the ocean. She would sit there for hours and think about what they could've done differently. She vowed to help everyone she could and spent hours healing and helping her remaining guildmates.

Carla never left Wendy's side. She would help the young dragon slayer with her grief. She also helped Wendy take care of the Fairy Tail wizards who survived. Her premonition wasn't completely right, but it wasn't completely wrong either. A lot of the guild did end up dying and Natsu disappeared, but Zeref was also defeated once and for all. It was a victory for the world, but a loss for Fairy Tail.

The team remained separated for a while. The war had scarred them and only time could heal their wounds. Natsu's death haunted them especially. At night, they all had similar nightmares. They each processed his loss on their own, which led to their separation. They might've been apart, but they all unconsciously wanted the same thing: their fallen comrades to come back and Fairy Tail to be rebuilt.

A/N- Thanks for reading! 

A/N- I unpublished my sequel Rebuilding Fairy Tail. I'm sorry to everyone who was reading it.  But I didn't really like how the story was going, and I was having a hard time finding the motivation to write it. I may rewrite the sequel in the future, or maybe this story just doesn't need one. Again, I'm sorry to everyone who was reading it. Thank you.