Chapter 29: Getting into the Palace

-The Next Day-

"Okay, so we enter here." Jellal pointed at the map. "There's only a few guards around this area and I think we can take them."

"We have to crawl through a vent?" Happy wrinkled his nose.

"I don't think we'll fit." Gray mumbled.

"Trust me, we will." Jellal said. "Now I'm gonna lead the way, okay? It's gonna take a while to get into the arsenal, though."

"How do you know how to get there?" Wendy asked.

"Cause I was a guard." 

"Oh."

"When do we leave?" Erza asked anxiously.

"Why are you so anxious to go?" Lucy inquired.

"I just wanna do something." 

"We did something yesterday. We took down that Spriggan dude." Gray said.

"Yeah, but I'm itching to leave this place and go back home. I miss our guild."

"Me too." Wendy smiled sadly. "I miss Carla."

"I miss her too!" Happy cried dramatically.

"You guys are being kind of loud..." Lucy mumbled as she stared at the horizon.

"How are we gonna get near the palace without someone recognizing us?" Gray asked.

"Disguises." Jellal and Erza said simultaneously.

"Great..."

"I have comrades on the inside, so they'll help us too." Jellal added.

"Nice." Happy smiled.

"Here." Erza passed out clothing. "We'll travel in 3 groups: Wendy and Gray, Wendy will hold Happy in her arms, Lucy, and Jellal and myself."

"Wait, I'm by myself?" Lucy snapped her head around.

"Are you okay with that?"

"I guess..."

"Go get changed." Erza instructed. "We'll be leaving shortly." Each person went somewhere different so they could have privacy. Lucy and Wendy went together. 

"Let's see what Erza gave me." Lucy said unenthusiastically. She unfolded a knee-length blue sleeveless dress. "Oh, wow!" She noticed gold hoop earrings and a matching necklace in the fold.

"Look what she gave me..." Wendy sighed as she held up an overall jumper and a white shirt. "This looks like something a five-year-old would wear!"

Lucy snickered. "She gave you that?!"

"I'm not a kid!" She huffed.

"Uh, yeah you are." Lucy mumbled.

"I heard that." She hissed as they parted ways.

"Someone's getting sassy." Lucy smiled as she changed into the dress. She put her hair in a messy bun and put in the earrings. She clasped the necklace and waited for Wendy.

Wendy came to her shortly. Her hair was in two pigtails and her jumper looked comically big. "I think she forgot what size I wear."

"Maybe we can pin it."

"Maybe she can give me something else."

They joined the others. Gray was in skinny jeans and a large hoodie, which he complained was too hot for. Erza wore a summer dress and heels and Jellal had on a polo and jeans. She gave Wendy a new outfit: a purple romper.