Chapter 22: E.N.D.'s Rampage

-While Wendy and Erza Are with Jellal-

She hastily ran out of the hotel. "Natsu."

Gray's eyes widened. "What do you mean Natsu?"

"I saw him." She panted as they ran outside. "But he's a demon."

"What?!" Happy yelled.

"Look!" Lucy pointed. Natsu was roaring with fury, setting buildings on fire.

"Natsu!" They yelled. He snapped his head around.

"Natsu, what are you doing?!" Lucy shrieked.

His eyes were dark. "I....don't know..."

"Stop it man!" Gray shouted as he evacuated townspeople out of the area. "You're setting things on fire! You're gonna hurt people!" He quickly set out the fire with his ice.

"Natsu, close your gate!" Happy cried.

"Damn it!" Lucy fumed. "I don't have his key!"

"Zeref..." Natsu mumbled as he stomped towards the hotel.

Lucy held him back. "You have to stop burning things."

"Must...kill...Zeref..."

"It's like he's possessed!" Happy exclaimed.

Gray's anger boiled over as Natsu set another building on fire, almost hitting multiple people and Happy. "Natsu! Stop it!" Black markings covered half of his body.

"Gray, what are you doing?" Lucy asked in a panicked voice.

"Stopping this." He replied.

"Don't damage the town or kill him. Got it?" She demanded. He nodded at her before punching Natsu. 

"Lucy, should we try to get Natsu's key?" Happy asked.

Her eyes widened. "Do you know where Zeref is?" 

He shook his head. "But I have an idea of where his room is. Jellal told me all about the castle floor plan."

"Be careful." She called after him as he flew away.

"I will!"

Lucy stared at the two boys fighting. She noticed a crowd forming and hurriedly shooed them away. "Please leave! You're going to get hurt if you stay here!" To prove her point, a large ball of fire almost hit them. "Please!" They all scurried away. 

"Lucy! Look out!" Gray shouted as fire flew over her head.

She yelped and changed into her Leo Star Dress. "I'll help you!"

"He's barely himself anymore." Gray said as Lucy joined the fight.

"The demon is taking over." She replied. "Happy flew to the castle. He said he has an idea where Natsu's key is."

"Good because I'm not sure we can beat him." He dodged a blast of fire. "And it's getting dark, which means it's gonna be harder to fight him." She nodded.

"Natsu! Can you hear us?" Lucy asked as she stared into his eyes. They were dark and emotionless.

"Don't bother, I already tried." Gray said. "He can't hear us."

"Look out!" Lucy yelled as Natsu punched Gray in the stomach. He cried out in pain as he was burnt. "Gray!"

"I'm okay." He winced. "Damn, that hurt."

"We need Wendy." She looked around them. "And Happy." 

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!" Natsu roared suddenly, scaring them both. His body burst into flames, burning both of them.