Chapter 35: Team Natsu v.s. Irene

Laxus and the Thunder Legion stormed into the guild hall. "Gramps! Bad news! Zeref is here."

Mirajane followed him. "We tried to stop him, but he was too powerful."

"Where is he?" Makarov asked.

"Not that far from the guild hall." Freed said as he caught his breath.

"He's with three more of the 12." Evergreen added. "We managed to take down one of them. His name was 'No Heart', I think."

"Neinhart." Bickslow corrected.

"So that adds one more. What is that, 6?" Makarov mused.

"That's half!" Wendy cheered.

"This is far from over, though." Mest crossed his arms.

"Lucy! He's here, let's go." Erza commanded as she stood. 

"Wait, where are you going?" Mavis asked worriedly.

"We're gonna try to turn Natsu back." She explained.

"No! You'll die!"

"Fine by me." Gray mumbled. "I don't wanna live in a world without Juvia."

"We all know the risk," Wendy said, "and we're willing to take it."

Makarov smiled wistfully. "When did my children grow up and become so strong?"

Erza smiled lightly. "We will bring down Zeref and come back home."

"And we'll bring Natsu with us." Lucy grinned.

"Aye sir!" Happy cried.

"Good luck, kids." Makarov said as they left. "Be careful."

"Wait!" Mest yelled. "I'll come with you, in case you need to teleport out."

"Mest, please stay here." Wendy begged. "I'd rather you help the others. They're more important."

"What do you mean?"

"We know what's gonna happen." She sighed. "I don't want you to unnecessarily die. Help the others." She gave him a quick hug and ran off.

His lip trembled. "Wendy, you've gotten so brave..." He watched the team run off.

"You realize this is basically a suicide mission." Gray looked at Erza as they ran towards Zeref.

"I know. We're all almost out of magic power. You and Lucy already ran out or are almost out." She sighed. "And Wendy's exhausted herself healing."

"We can still fight." Lucy stated. "I'm willing to die to stop this."

"Let's hope no one has to die." Carla frowned as she remembered her premonition. Please don't let it come true...

"Hey, Carla, remember your premonition?" Happy asked.

"Why'd he have to bring it up?!" She hissed. "Yes, what about it?"

"Do you think it'll happen?"

She sighed. "There's no point in lying. Yes, I do think so."

"I'm too young to die." Wendy whispered.

"I will protect you at all costs, child." Carla said firmly.

Wendy smiled brightly. "I'll do the same for you."

"Even if we're out of magic, we still have to fight." Gray clenched his fists. "We have to avenge our friends."

"I agree wholeheartedly." Erza's mouth was in a tight line.