𝖮𝗇𝖾

Chapter One,
No Sanctuary

Chapter One, No Sanctuary

LOCKED.

"They seemed nice enough, but I was ready to go. We just got here, but, damn, it was time to go. When I told them about DC, a wink and a nod from the head asshole in charge, they pulled their guns and it was right back to our regularly scheduled shitstorm," Abraham, the tall and imposing figure, stated.

Inside the car train, they were all huddled together, resembling caged animals waiting for their captor's release.

"Before they put you in here, you didn't see Tyreese?" Sasha asked.

Michonne shook her head. "No."

"Good."

Maggie's concern shifted to Beth. She turned to the person next to her. "What about Beth?" Her gaze met Daryl's, who seemed to read her unspoken question.

Daryl began to recount, "A black car with a white cross painted on it. We tried to follow it. We tried."

"But she's alive?" Maggie sought reassurance.

Daryl's voice was firm, "She's alive."

Alli directed her inquiry towards Cody, "Have you seen Dad and Adam?"

Cody's response was bleak, "No, I haven't."

A sense of impending danger loomed over them. They didn't know the exact nature of the threat, but they were certain these people were capable of anything. Their only hope lay in finding a weapon, and in its absence, they resolved to craft one. They had no intention of backing down, not just yet.

Outside, the air was filled with radio chatter, and inside the train, they stood ready to confront whoever opened the door.

"What are you doing?" Fear-filled voices from neighboring carriages filled the air as people braced themselves for impending danger.

"Everybody shut up. Shut up!" Their captors shouted back at them, forcibly moving some of the captives. Footsteps drawing closer to their car sent their hearts racing.

Daryl whispered, "Alright, we've got four of them pricks coming our way," as he peered outside through a hole in the wall.

Rick reminded them of the plan, "Y'all know what to do. Go for their eyes first. Then their throats."

"Put your backs to the walls on either side of the car now," a voice from outside commanded, as footsteps that had previously been just outside the door now thudded on the roof above them.

Suddenly, the roof door swung open, and a tear gas grenade landed at their feet.

"Move!" Abraham shouted, and Daryl swiftly pulled one of them back. Everyone ducked just in time before the grenade exploded, filling the air with suffocating gas that temporarily blinded them.