𝖳𝗐𝗈

Chapter Two,
Strangers

JUST AS RICK HAD SUGGESTED, the following hours found them walking away from what they had initially believed to be a Sanctuary

JUST AS RICK HAD SUGGESTED, the following hours found them walking away from what they had initially believed to be a Sanctuary. Tara's presence made it challenging for Chloe, as well as for Alli and Cody.

"Rick, why is she still with us? I don't get it," Cody voiced his confusion.

"She's one of us now."

"You can't be serious!" Alli hissed. Her voice seethed with anger. "She was with The Governor. He killed Hershel, Mom... He almost killed all of us, and she was there, holding that stupid gun like nothing mattered, Rick! She fought us alongside him!"

Alli hadn't noticed that she had stopped in her tracks, causing everyone else to halt as well. Her anger had taken control of her once again.

"She didn't," Rick responded softly, attempting to soothe her frustration.

"Hell, she did!" Cody declared, storming away in frustration.

"Look, I don't want any of us to have this discussion ever again," Rick hissed, his eyes first focusing on Alli before turning to face Chloe

"Look, I don't want any of us to have this discussion ever again," Rick hissed, his eyes first focusing on Alli before turning to face Chloe. She remained silent, and maybe Rick assumed her silence indicated anger as well, but her emotions were more subdued, and she felt less inclined to argue about anything at that moment.

Tara strolled away from the group, leading Rick to follow her.

The question lingered in Chloe's mind about whether blaming Tara was the right course of action. Uncertainty filled her as she grappled with conflicting thoughts, unsure of what to think or believe anymore.

***

A fire crackled nearby as the daylight waned, casting shadows over the group. Chloe sat apart from everyone, fidgeting with one of the arrows as she observed Rick and Carol engaged in conversation. Carol, the woman who had been sent away by Rick, had returned to save them all.

Chloe couldn't help but feel a mix of gratitude and uncertainty. If it hadn't been for her and Adam, they might not have made it.

Sensing someone approaching from behind, Chloe instinctively reached for her knife, only to realize it was Daryl.