𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖭𝗂𝗇𝖾

Chapter Forty Nine,
War

Chapter Forty Nine,War

WAR. 

A three-letter word that could obliterate everything. 

War tears people apart, even those who were once close as brothers and sisters

War tears people apart, even those who were once close as brothers and sisters. Victims of war are constantly drowned in tidal waves of guilt, regret, and pain. Pain isn't simple; it's physical, emotional, and mental; all victims of war feel all three types. 

In war, nowhere is safe. 

Nowhere.

Nonetheless, here they were, preparing for one. They all hated it, but they knew it was the only way out of their predicament.

"Stay put," Rick whispered before he ventured out of their hiding spot, whistling to attract a Savior they had been observing.

As soon as Rick had stabbed the man in the stomach, Chloe moved closer, watching as he left the injured man on the ground, life slowly slipping away.

"What are you up to, Rick?" the Savior grunted in pain as Rick searched his bag. "You think you're gonna take us on? I saw you... begging. Crying. You're gonna beg again, Rick. Your — Your boy's gonna die."

The moment he uttered those words, he sealed his fate.

Rick moved away from Chloe, hacking away at a walker that was barely holding on, reaching for the man, ultimately tearing him apart.

"AAH! NO, NO, NO!" he screamed, but Rick paid him no mind.

Chloe retrieved the paper that Dwight had secretly given to Daryl, marking another place they had successfully cleared from their list. 'OVERGROWN ROAD HOUSE' was the name written by Dwight, and below it was the name of the man they had just coldly killed: Austin.

"What's up next?" Rick asked her.

"Platform, Tree," Chloe replied, reading the name of their next target. "Dawson."