𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋

Chapter Twenty Four,
Not Tomorrow Yet

Chapter Twenty Four,Not Tomorrow Yet

CHLOE'S IMMEDIATE disdain for Gregory was well-founded. Maggie had tried to negotiate a trading deal with him, but he opted to flirt with her, confirming their suspicions about his character.

"We want to generate trade. Gregory does. But ammo isn't something we urgently need," Jesus explained.

"Well, how's that?" Rick inquired.

"The walls hold. We just brought in more medicine. Gregory wants the best deal possible," Jesus elaborated.

"Yeah, well, we want things, too," Daryl interjected.

"We need food. We came all this way, we're gonna get it," Rick asserted.

"I will talk to him, and we will work this out. Circumstances change. We're doing well now, and you will next. I will make him understand that. Can you give me a few days?" Jesus proposed.

"We can," Michonne agreed.

"Yeah," Rick assented.

All attention turned towards the voices from outside as the front door suddenly swung open, revealing Gregory exiting his office directly.

"What's wrong?" he inquired.

"They're back," a man reported.

Everyone followed the man outside, where three individuals stood waiting for Gregory.

"Nathan, what happened to everybody else? Where's Tim and Marsha?" Gregory questioned.

"They're dead."

"Negan?" Gregory asked, seeking confirmation.

"Yeah, we had a deal. He said it wasn't enough. Was the drop light?"

"No."

"They still have Craig," a woman revealed.

"They said they'd keep him alive if I deliver a message to you," the man explained, taking a few steps forward towards Gregory.

"So, tell me."

"I'm sorry."

Gregory collapsed to the ground as the man drove his knife into his stomach. Jesus, Maggie, and Chloe caught him just in time, breaking his fall as Adam and Rick immediately attacked the man, tackling him to the ground.

Chloe removed her jacket, pressing it against Gregory's stomach as he bled out, blood covering her hands.

Glenn stepped forward, pointing the gun at the man who was now holding Rick in a chokehold. "Hey!"