𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖭𝗂𝗇𝖾

Chapter Thirty-Nine,
Talk to Me About Rick

Chapter Thirty-Nine,Talk to Me About Rick

CHLOE WATCHED as Negan donned the glove and took the iron from Dwight, turning towards the unfortunate man, Mark, with a chuckle. "Mark... I'm sorry. But it is what it is," he told the poor guy.

Although relieved she didn't have to carry out the act this time, the man's screams as he applied the iron to his face made it feel as if she were the one being burned.

She tried to walk away, but Dwight stopped her. "You can't leave!"

"Ah, that wasn't so bad, now, was it?" she heard Negan say. "Jesus. He pissed himself."

He then whispered something into Daryl's ear, prompting him to approach the man and start wiping the floor. "Doc, I'm all done," he turned to the doctor. "Do your thing."

As the doctor got into action, Negan addressed his people. "Well, the pussy passed out. But it's settled... we're square. Everything is cool. Let Mark's face be a daily reminder to him and to everyone else that the rules matter."

With that being said, he led the way back to his room with Chloe, Carl and Tom in tow.

Sitting beside Chloe on the couch, Negan jotted something down.

"Can I wrap up my face now?" Carl asked him, he was forced to remove his bandage which made him uncomfortable.

"No, you absolutely cannot."

"Why the hell not?!" Carl asked angrily.

"Look at this badass. You can't because I'm not done with you. And I like looking at your disgusting, rad-ass, badass eye, so it's staying out."

"What? You got something to say?" he asked Tom, who kept his eyes fixated on him with a glare.

"Why haven't you killed us?" Tom asked. "Or my dad, or Rick, or Chloe, or Daryl?"

"Daryl... is gonna make a good soldier for me. You see, he thinks he's holding it together... but you saw it. Your dad? He and Rick are already getting me great stuff. Chloe? Take a look at that innocent adorable face, you think I'm a monster to hurt her? You two, on the other hand... Well, we shall see. It's more productive to break you. More fun, too."

"You thinking that's stupid?" Negan then asked.

"I'm thinking we're different," Tom replied.

"Mm. You both are smart kids. What do you think I should do? You know I can't let you go. So, do I kill you? Iron your faces? Chop off your arms? Tell me. What do you think?"

Carl stood up, towering above Negan as he spoke. "I think you should jump out the window to save me the trouble of killing you."

"Carl," Chloe whispered.