𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖤𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

Chapter Twenty Eight,
Last Day On Earth

Chapter Twenty Eight,Last Day On Earth

SHOUTING erupted from outside as Enid started thumping against the door. "Chloe! Chloe!" she shouted as Chloe rushed to open up.

"Enid, what's wrong?"

"Maggie! Come," she urgently called, sprinting towards Maggie's house.

"What's going on? Is she alright?" Chloe yelled, following closely behind.

Maggie's screams echoed through the house as they hurried inside. "Maggie?!" Chloe raced towards where Maggie was seated on the floor, sobbing in agony.

"Chloe! The baby!" she exclaimed, almost screaming.

"Alright, alright, focus on your breathing. I'll be right back," Chloe reassured, rushing out. "Enid, stay with her!"

"Chloe, we heard the screams. What's happening?" Carl shouted as he and Tom ran towards them.

"Where's Adam?"

"He's by the gate. What's the matter?" Tom asked.

"Rick! Adam!" Chloe shouted as she sprinted towards the gate where they all stood.

"What's wrong? What's happening?" Adam asked.

"Maggie. We have to get her to Hilltop now!"

"What happened?" Rick asked.

"There's no time, we gotta move now!" Chloe shouted at Rick.

"Abraham! Get the RV!" he shouted for Abraham, who went rushing.

Maggie had calmed down a bit as they carried her to the RV, ready to get going.

"We're ready to protect this place," Aaron said. "And the Saviors know it. That's why they grabbed Eugene."

"Look, it's not up for discussion," Rick told him.

"Then you're just gonna have to punch me in the face and tie me up again. 'Cause that's what it's gonna take to stop me," Aaron said, causing Rick to finally make up his mind and motion for him to enter the RV.

"Dad, I wanna go too," Tom told Adam.

"No, you stay here, help Gabriel keep this place safe."

"Carl is going!"

"That's why you are staying."

"What if something bad happens to you?"

"We'll be just fine," Chloe said before giving him a small hug. "I promise you that," she whispered.